Daniel Ek

Completely agree man, feel that way about a lot of our ex legends. Just because I thought someone was an amazing player and respect when they done for the club while playing doesn’t mean I can’t think they’re a fucking idiot when it comes to external factors.

1 Like

2 seperate issues. I’ll take Ek being a good potential owner first as it’s most relevant to the club. His cross over with streaming services could potentially lead to new revenue streams. In the long term the way we watch football may well change and with that the way TV rights are sold could change. Him being a fan would mean he’ll want us to succeed on the pitch rather than merely increasing his share value.

I think we should have Arsenal football people on the board that can shape the direction of the club. I don’t think Wenger’s methods are all outdated.

Yeah I’m a massive Wrighty fan. Always worth a listen but not always the best.
Wrighty the player could be headstrong at times and let his heart rule his head.
No less a legend for it though. Also can be very relevant tbf.

1 Like

Ah, I thought you meant as a player/person.

1 Like

It’s not a stand back approach. Like Graigie said they literally do nothing. Or only when it seemed there was some really questionable business going on on the financial/legal side, Tim Lewis was appointed as board member.

Those Cup wins were not the result of properly leading the club, but we lucked out. Villareal is a real poor, poor side and the fact that we are looking at 2-1 deficit is kind of a disgrace tbh.

Stability for the sake of stability is not a good thing. I would like Josh, I don’t think Stan has any dealings with his clubs maybe the Rams but if that is true only the Rams, if that means giving it another go with Henry and Wenger, so be it. But it is clear as day something needs to happen. Ek approached them if what he said is true. Surely one of the reasons he had was appeasing the fans. I’m not going to shoot anything down before it actually happens and we have something to judge people on, like with Arteta now.

You can have whatever fears you want, but if Ek is unhappy with this standard, then already he is miles better than the Kroenkes.

6 Likes
1 Like

In a related matter, #ArsenalBall understands that the purchase offer that will be presented soon by Daniel Eck will not be fully or partly funded by any investor, businessman or wealthy Arab prince, unlike what has been reported on the media recently.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeh this was never going to happen anyway. Easy advertising for Spotify and Ek though.

2 Likes

If KSE wants to improve fan relations they should do all this token stuff tomorrow. It costs them nothing if they plan to hold the club for a long time

1 Like

Look…I bought in for a while but let’s be honest here…Daniel Ek is bald…he’s not the one.

1 Like

Kroenke isn’t worried about his image or any kind of relationship with the supporters.

He is the opposite of the Leicester owners, have the respect of their supporters and that’s why Kroenke is hated by the majority of ours.

He couldn’t care less, as has been proved by our slide down the league since he bought the club, and his failed attempt at the ESL.

It was always unlikely that Ek would buy the club anyway so we’re still stuck with the wig wearing, elephant hating, parasite owner that’s ruining our club.

4 Likes

Kroenke is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t optics wise. There’s nothing he can do in terms of engagement that would ever satisfy his biggest detractors.

I don’t get the creaming over Leicester owner either, seems like people want more pushun. If Kroenke was on the pitch or Arsenal dressing lifting any of our FA cups wins people would be calling him a scab for stealing the thunder of the players and manager.

You’ve gotta drop the ESL attack line too, owners who you classify as “good” were ready and willing to join too, they clearly didn’t consult their fans

Yea but context is king here. The Leicester owners have been at pretty much every game since they took over and if you listen to local people etc they talk about how the club is integrated into the community and that comes from the very top. They’ve done very simple and genuine things to ingratiate themselves to the fans. But it is genuine and that’s what makes the difference to if the Kroenkes started trying to do the same after ten+ years. We’d all see right through it.

7 Likes

No we want our owners to pay attention.

1 Like

If he was that serious, he’d not take no for an answer and keep trying.

Sound sounds like, made offer, said no, gave up.

1 Like

They did transform that club with their billions from where they were in 2010. The fact that the Thai Tourism Authority is their current shirt sponsor is also a consequence of their ownership. It’s not just pashun. Plus both father and son were/are chairman, not non-executive director or sorts, so I reckon that means involvement in the day-to-day business?

1 Like

You can be all cynical if you like but this is so much better than what we have right now.

A real shame it failed (as it was going to) but maybe with more fan pressure something could change (i.e. boycotting games).

3 Likes