Crystal Palace

Yeah all seems a bit parochial too me.

Hodgson has done the business since coming in. Do have to wonder how Vieira would’ve got on, being sacked before the start of run of favourable fixtures.

2 Likes

How many consecutive years is that now for an evening kickoff at selhurst? Almost like sky saw it as a boogey fixture for us, and rightfully so at one point, but think we’ve put that to bed with the last two wins.

1 Like

They love giving us an evening kick off at Selhurst.

The only day game I can remember playing there was when Xhaka scored a belter from a free kick.

Thata right, the Emery season of 18/19, a Sunday lunchtime kickoff from memory?

I think that’s right.

Had a look. There’s this one below from gameweek 37. I didn’t watch this mind you.

I can remember a Sunday afternoon game in 2015/16

We won 2-1 I think? Joel Ward scored an absolute banger

Its a myth Selhurst is a difficult ground or playing Palace there is hugely tough, Palace are a firmly bottom half side and their fans make good noise that’s about it

2 Likes

Palace’s record against teams in the top 4 was always one of the best in the league. Not necessarily to do with Selhurst, but more to do with their counter-attacking style. That’s when Zaha in particularly is at his best.

Was it under Roy that they kept City when they were still on-form silent and got gifted a silly pen by Olise?

Them and Forest play some nasty football against top sides but it’s effective. Trying to go toe to toe against sides like City and Arsenal nowadays is a suicide.

I think they’ve been living off that nighttime draw against Liverpool and dunking on some terrible Arsenal sides tbh

They also have cheerleaders which is such a weird thing to me as an American. They look so out of place for some reason at a football match.

I didnt mind it TBF

Not sure that’s a permanent fixture. They had some AEW wrestling event this week, so it’s probably got something to do with that.

I think it is

Theyre called the Crystals and are there every home game I believe

Don’t palace always have cheerleaders?

I remember hearing something about cheerleaders at Palace. Must have been over a decade ago.

2 Likes

Fucking hell they’ll be having military flypasts every game soon :us_outlying_islands:

2 Likes

Or they could have an American Bald Eagle as their mascot and it could perform flyovers prior to the team entering the field :eagle: