Cristiano Ronaldo

Have they? We had the whole “Ronaldo is the problem” thing earlier in the season but I think that certainly changed the past months. They realized he was the one carrying them, not the one holding them down.
Their record without him is abysmal.

Any Man Utd fans I chat to IRL or see online are begging for him to stay and they think he and ten Hag will work well together.

Btw, I’m telling you all this but I also want him to get the hell out of Man Utd. :rofl:
A) It’s in Erik’s best interests to start fresh and build a new core. No egos, no big time stars.
B) Ronaldo has a few years left at the top level, wasting them in a project rebuild for Man Utd is stupid

On a sidenote, 3 Man Utd fans I know used to be big time Messi believers and didn’t even accept Ronaldo being compared to him. I genuinely had long ass arguments with them about it and couldn’t believe I was the Arsenal fan trying to convince a Man Utd fan about Ronaldo.
Not sure if they were just salty because he fucked off, but even when he came back they were already prepping an agenda against him.
Well, I think it took them 5 games and they’re now all fully converted to Ronaldo believers. :rofl:

Ronaldo dunking on Xhaka’s Switzerland.
:arteta2:

Probably THE BEST of all time, won trophies and league titles for the club, I don’t understand how you could and should get rid of him like that.

A team being disjointed, is the problem of how it was set up and managed, not one single player can make the team “disjointed”.

If not because of him, this team would have finished below 8th-10th…

No player is bigger than the club, but we are talking about THE BEST here, even he has declined a lot.

That’s some heavy dickriding @ronniec.

I’m proud of you.

1 Like

17 Likes

Intellectuals like us just quietly contemplate our :goat:, we don’t need to yap about him all the time.

5 Likes

dickriding Arteta is more embarrassing than dickriding CR7

Lmao, Ronaldo is crap mate. Most overrated footballer I’ve seen. Not even Top 20 of all time.

Debate settled.

Kid needs a doctor

3 Likes

Just watched Ronaldo highlights on BEIN of that 07/08 season, what a campaign that was for a wide player at 22/23 years of age.

I think the swirl of rape rumours and pay offs puts me off ever wanting to see this guy in an Arsenal shirt even though I think he’s still a very good player at an age where few players are even still playing at a professional level.

22-23 here. :upside_down_face:

Messi peaking around that time too.
Football has really changed. Not sure players will be allowed to express themselves like this in the future with micromanagers all around.

3 Likes

I watched Highlights from this season the other day and tbh, I reckon the 07/08 season is the most entertaining I’ve followed. Ronaldo was the difference in the end but all of United, Chelsea and Arsenal had fantastic teams, super campaign just a shame we copped some injuries and faded around March.

5 Likes

I think at points in the first half of that season we were in with a shout for the best team in Europe.

Every big game we held our own and we played some of the best football seen in the PL up until that time.

It annoys me a bit that that team is going to be forgotten completely by history because it ended up faltering so much. It’ll live on in the minds of a few Arsenal nerds and that’s it.

5 Likes
2 Likes

My guy was actually barking at Elanga’s girlfriend. :rofl:

1 Like

Pains the fuck out of me how close we were to having him here, but honestly think United was probably the right fit for him in the end and not sure he’d have settled down as quick without Fergie giving him a kick up the arse.

Horrible kit but can never hate watching him play :heart_eyes:

1 Like