With 74 points

Last season, only City played well

1 Like

Last season:
Goals: 73
Wins: 21

This season, with 4 games to go,

Goals: 53 (-20 on last season)
Points: 54 (-20 on last season, maximum points can be 66 which is -12 on last season)
Wins: 15 (-6 on last season)

They win less, score less and concede more with virtually the same squad + the main addition of CR7

I’m not saying it’s all his fault but to say they’d be bottom 10 without him when they literally had a much better season without him last year

1 Like

Ronaldo will never get one of these in Lisboa :wink:

To be honest at first I thought Ronaldo was done. United under Rangnick have absolutely have no identity, Ronaldo gets the blame as he’s such a big name but United would be lost without him. It’s the way they play that’s the problem, which is ultimately down to the coaching and what they do on the training ground I now not believe Ronaldo’s dip of form has anything to do with his age, he was scoring goals for fun until Rangnick took over, how could he decline in the space of just two months, don’t add up, in fact almost everyone is struggling, why can’t we take a look at Rangnick as well.

If he isn’t in the team this season then who’s gonna score the goals? Cavani is crocked. Greenwood is a prick. Rashford retired.
It’s all down to Bruno really.

1 Like

The goal output declined because except Ronaldo, Sancho been a bit a flop bar a a month of good form and Elanga is crap and they hardly contributed this season. Bruno and Rashford have become totally irrelevant to football within a year. And Greenwood and Cavani aren’t found anywhere near the club. Sold Martial who was fraud anyways.

2 Likes

But it ain’t an average one either when you consider that the team behind him lost all cohesion and were not capable to feeding Ronaldo regularly.

In comparison, Berbatov scored just 18 goals in their title-winning season.

If we had Ronaldo instead of Aubameyang & Lacazette, we would have been ahead of Chelsea by now.

4 Likes

Lol, I’ve been seeing this a lot from Arsenal, Chelsea and City fans the past week.
Arsenal fans say if we had Ronaldo then Top 4 would have been sealed by now.
Chelsea fans think they’ll be still challenging for the PL.
City fans think the title would be decided already.

Only Liverpool and Spurs fans can’t relate. :rofl:

Be frank…

I don’t understand how Ronaldo is at fault.

Hardest worker on the team, scoring the most goals…

2 Likes

At the mid point of the season he was bottom of the table for pressures per 90 and covered the least ground of any outfield player at United. How does that equate to him being the hardest worker in the team?

CR7 is more detrimental to how a team lines up and plays than he is beneficial in 2022.

It is true though, How can we sit here and criticise a 37-year-old Ronaldo who has scored 22 goals, when none of Lukaku, Aubameyang, Lacazette, Havertz, Werner, Jesus etc have even touched 15 goals.

Ronaldo didn’t even play in cup games - just 1 FA cup match

4 Likes

Not just by covering the ground, this could setup of the coach and how they play… as far as I know, I know about a dozen of United fans and none of them said he is lazy.

Hard working can also mean he trained hard and keep himself in really good shape all the time.
In fact, he does train hard and have unbelievable diet.

Overall, the downfall is about the quality of players (not just abilities but also attitude, like Pogba), injuries, manager, chemistry, a lot of things.
We can agree that Ronaldo may not be a good fit for them (this season), but nobody can put the blame on him on why United failed.

The Graveyard of Dreams.

Who the hell pitched Ronaldo to Bayern the other day? :rofl:
“Ronaldo Bayern” is trending and it’s just Bayern and football fans alike speculating about it.

Well he hasn’t won German and French farmers leagues

2 Likes

7 of them are against us and Spurs.

1 Like

Doesn’t he get more games than the others with united outside the 5?

The next 3 share the goals. Ronaldo basically has to carry United.

Last few United games, Ronaldo is only one who scored

4 Likes

Spot on analysis really, long term effectiveness at the top level has to factor into the debate.

CR7 is simply built different

2 Likes

I have actually always been Messi > Ronaldo. I just always thought Messi’s skill was sexier. And I hated Ronaldo. But lately I am warming to him.

I still think Messi has more talent, but Ronaldo has tenacity, determination and passion.

And having recently met someone who has benefited from a donation from Ronaldo, I like him more. I see what he does outside of football. Or rather, what he does outside of the limelight

2 Likes