Cristiano Ronaldo

There’s no way I’m changing my mind and rating Ronaldo more highly based on this one season so late in their careers. I honestly don’t care and am not deciding based on seasons when they’re 34 or whatever. I’m still going with which player I preferred for the previous 15 years, based on the majority of their careers, not their performance in seasons when they’re both past their peak. Longevity isn’t deciding this when they’ve both proven they have that by killing it into their thirties, fuck the Giggs factor.

They’re both obviously phenomenal, and you can make good cases for both being the goat, with most essentially picking how they measure it based on their preference. Ronaldo has that set of records that clearly makes him stand out (most international goals ever, most CL goals ever and so on), whereas Messi fans will point to him scoring a very similar number of goals to Ronaldo (sometimes with stats thrown in about the number of shots Ronaldo takes to scores his goals always being far more than Messi takes to score his similar number of goals) but also providing significantly more assists than Ronaldo and being much more of a team player in that sense.

Even though I have my firm opinion on this question, I acknowledge it’s very close, so if people want to make their decision based on who does better in the final few seasons of their career when they’re both past it, as the way to make their final decision, I get that. But it’s not gonna decide it for me.

This is just a personal thing, but I also like my goat to be able to travel the world freely, rather than having to avoid certain countries for fear of being brought up on rape charges. Not really relevant in the debate but that’s just how I feel.

Which reminds me, @Kroenkeoutplease did you read that article about the allegations I shared with you? I can see 6 people opened it but unsurprisingly nobody made any comment. No digs, I just think it’s something most people involved with or interested in football would rather pretend isn’t a thing.

3 Likes

TLDR?

1 Like

How do you know this?

I have an opinion on it but it will needlessly become victim blaming so I am avoiding it.

Your opinion is shit

1 Like

As if. We have established many times that I am always right

1 Like

Secret mod powers.

6 Likes

It’s really not a long enough post to warrant the posting of that classic.

3 Likes

I thought everyone could see this.

I still do actually, I assume you’re just unobservant :grin:

1 Like

Unobservant indeed.

Damn, Messi soyboys are so insecure that they have to release a full-length novel to justify their ‘GOAT’ scoring a measly 9 goals playing against plumbers and brick-layers :sob::joy:

6 Likes

Ronaldo has 1 goal against the top 3. That’s the same amount of goals as Teemu Pukki. 1 goal fewer than Saka and Nketiah.

We are now comparing low level Messi and Ronaldo levels.
Game needs some new names to start talking about now and move on, because it’s all become a bit stale.

1 Like

That is true because even at low levels they are better than most out there :grimacing:

yes as soon as we all agree that Ronaldo is the goat we can all just move on.

2 Likes

Ronaldo is the GOAT
Messi is the GOAT of all GOATs

We don’t have to agree on facts. Facts are facts, they can’t be argued.

1 Like

It’s 2022 and there’re still thick pundits like this one who compare Ronaldo and Messi by goals. Messi plays like a midfielder these days and Ronaldo has become much of a poacher.

Messi has 0.81 goals + assists per 90 this season in the league and Ronaldo has 0.71 (not counting penalties). And I’m not using this stats to say Messi is better this year. He is having a bad season actually, but if we are to compare the two that’s one of the right ways to look at it.

2 Likes

Messi gets to pass the ball to Mbappe and Neymar while Ronaldo has Elanga and Rashford lol

1 Like

haha Ronaldo doesn’t pass to anyone so it doesn’t matter