Cristiano Ronaldo

Awful news. RIP to the little one and condolences to Cristiano and family.

Knowing the scousers its probably a celebratory applause

2 Likes

Clap clap clap clap clap.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gonna be classy.

3 Likes

Good lord this guy. You just knew he would turn up for a big time performance against us. Hope he does the same against Chelsea.

2 Likes

I didnt think weā€™d warm to him (especially after the shushing at Highbury that time) but the applause :clap: at the 7th minute was great.

3 Likes

Ronaldo should go Bayern. I think Lewandowski will leave.

I donā€™t see it but it could be an interesting combination.
I would like to see him conquer another league before he hangs his boots. I think a final run in Sporting is the way to go out.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think his level has dropped to the point of returning to Sporting yet though, thatā€™ll really be a 1 season hurrah when heā€™s pushing 40 I reckon.

Surely he leaves United this summer, takes one more crack elsewhere (PSG/Bayern/back to Madrid???) at the CL then thinks about winding down.

Thought he was very good today, not just because of the goal either.

He was their only threat in the first half. Linked up play very well, was dropping into midfield doing what their CMā€™s couldnā€™t and yet still being a threat in the box.

Great goal on top of it and another class finish for the one that was chalked off.

1 Like

Has to be PSG.

Would be so so good to see Messi and Ronaldo on the same team

3 Likes

The 3 goals version of Messi with the 16 goals version of Ronaldo? Not sure itā€™ll be much to be excited about tbh. Maybe theyā€™ll have a fight over a free kick or something, that might be fun.

2 Likes

Think Ronaldo will score a bunch of goals in France and Messi will get even more assists if they play together.
It could spark that something missing from Messi having to compete with Ronaldo again.

3 Likes

Have to agree with the complimentary statments about him after watching him live yesterday. Still incredibly fit and not showing his age at all.

His movement, touch and finishing are all still outstanding and was a joy to watch given that we still won. Almost unplayable at times so you feel he can always have a good chance to score.

I hope the swirl of rape rumours around him are unfounded.

3 Likes

Worth a read.

Seeing now the majority of Man Utd fans turning over a new leaf on Ronaldo is interestingā€¦

Seeing a bunch of Arsenal fans doing it so is fascinating. :rofl:

3 Likes

I find it hilarious that people are trying to rewrite the season heā€™s had. Heā€™s scored goals, had some nice moments but all in all the transfer hasnā€™t worked out for United. Theyā€™re worse now than last season and that was evident from the early part of the season and to cap it off heā€™s handsomely rewarded

Heā€™s got 16 goals in 27 games, with 6 goals coming from two hat-tricks so heā€™s scored 10 goals in the other 25 games which no matter how you spin it isnā€™t a great season

3 Likes

Well, those two hat tricks gave Man Utd 6 points and kept them in the Top 4 race.
Remove him from Man Utd this season and they are probably flirting with a bottom 10 finish and failing to qualify to the UCL Round of 16, again.

I think for him personally he had a very good(not great for his standards) season.
Putting things into context, him coming back to the PL more than a decade later at 36/37 years of age and playing at the level he is playing is a bit outrageous.

Collectively though itā€™s a shambles of a season for Man Utd.
I guess the big mystery is how did this Man Utd team finish 2nd last season? Was Ole actually good and unfairly dismissed during a bad period? Were the others that bad that allowed Man Utd a free run at 2nd? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

He wasnā€™t in the United team last season and they finished 2nd. He is this season and they might not even finish in the top 6.

So you can talk up your hypotheticals all you want but the proof is there that without him they probably wouldnā€™t finish bottom half

So do you reckon they would be better off, worse off or around the same level without him this season?