Cristiano Ronaldo

Possibly (and most probably). If Salah was available, Man City may go for him.

But to dismiss Ronaldo as almost a nothing now is strange. He was coveted last summer and has clearly offered something in an underperforming team.

Put it this way, if Arsenal had a choice right now, I’d go Ronaldo.

That’s some galaxy brain stuff from his agent.

Lucky that there are some real donuts running the show at ManU. Could have easily backfired.

i loooooooooove how the united fans were singing we have ronaldo and all going SSSSSIIIIIIIUUUUUU etc carrying on like he was gonna rag them kicking and screaming to league title almost and saying to other clubs ‘you cannot attract a player like this only we can GGMU’ now they are seeing his signing is somewhat problematic.

I’d take Salah by some margin, he pretty much contributes to every facet of play, dribbling, link up, assists and scoring.

Ronaldo at this point is pretty much a glorified Auba.

When I say it’s not his fault @Joshua I mean he’s nearly 37 you can’t expect the guy to be a top 5 player in the world.

8 Likes

I think we’ve gotta be careful here, dude. For example, Ronaldo is better at heading and he remains better at heading despite being an older version of what he was.

Maybe I’ve inferred too much from what you were saying (and if so, I apologise), but when there are outlandish suggestions that a player is a “completely” better striker than another, it just smacks of hyperbole.

We had the same going on in the Wright v Henry debates.

Ronaldo isn’t even the GOAT in Portugal,

Eusebio>Paulo Futre >Luis Figo>Ronaldo

5 Likes

Ah man Futre. Splendid footballer ruined by injuries.

1 Like

Yep exemplified by the fact he played for West Ham!

1 Like

Bit of a throwback.

Back to the Futre

3 Likes

Title updated purely for the wind up.

4 Likes

@JohnnyH @ryaninho ^^

Don’t think Johnny comes on here anymore after his falling out with Jakey lol

1 Like

I’ve lost count on the ongoing beefs in OA. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How dare you do this to CR7 put some respect on the name. Manu was always shit don’t think a 37 year old Ronaldo can carry them alone :unamused:

Salah is obviously the better player now. Would be ridiculous if he weren’t with the age difference between them.

But peak Ronaldo and Messi shit all over Salah a 100 fold. Carried both their teams for a decade if not longer. Salah won one premier league and one CL at his peak.

1 Like

No one has ever argued Salah is better than peak Ronaldo or Messi lol.

7 Likes

Tbf he’s still in his peak. Probably in the form of his life right now
Let’s see how it unfolds at least.

Good, fuck him if hes being a sensitive bellend, I didn’t do anything to him that necessitated his departure.

1 Like

Glad to hear it.

I like Salah, but peak Salah is nowhere near peak Ronnie or Leo.

Comparing a peak Salah to a 37 year old Ronaldo. :joy:

Yeah, course you didn’t :roll_eyes: