Cristiano Ronaldo

Lampard: "I actually think for what Ronaldo’s output and actual numbers and goals in big finals, and semi-finals like we’ve seen. I think I maybe give him the edge now.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.

9 Likes

Ahahaha yep.

Ronaldo has been carried in multiple finals. Shout out to Bale and Ramos

Messi? Nah

1 Like

It’s so bizarre that people push this idea that CR7 is a better goal scorer when the numbers don’t support it lmao

2 Likes

Ronaldo is one of the best ever but take away those pens and it looks a bit spooky.

Checked the stats and it’s crazy how many stats that Messi has a better goals per minute ratio than CR7 in.

Ultimately they’re in any discussion for being two of the very best ever so can’t take anything away from their greatness but Messi is just better and I really don’t see what metric CR7 wins in.

2 Likes

I’ve seen both live and there’s no other player that is currently playing that I feel that kind of joy watching them play the game. The sense of wonder and awe.

Setting aside numbers that’s key for me, watching Ronaldo just never hit like that whether on TV or in person.

Super Frank on team CR7? You love to see it

Guy knows ball

1 Like

Here comes the nay sayers. Feed me that shit in my veins

1 Like

Did either of them stat pad in Copa del Rey finals against some Rayo Vallecano types?

Here’s a list of the finals.

Barcelona has participated in a lot more finals which makes sense.

Messi is only good in one system. Even with superstars around him and in a farmers league like League 1 he’s mehh.

Ronaldo carries teams, even shite like Man United and a Portugal squad with an eleven thousand year old Pepe as the other big name.

Ronaldo the GOAT, done it in multiple leagues and in a shite Portugal national team.

Messi was the system.

How did Ronaldo carrying Juve go again? :rofl:

How about those CL finalds where Bale and Ramos were the difference makers?

2 Likes

What about before the finals? He carried them to the finals every single time. Juve defense is trash then and still is now

1 Like

Champions League titles are campaigns not just finals.
He’s produced plenty and been the biggest reason those titles have been won.

4 Likes

Yeah sure he’s contributed but there’s no bigger stage than a finals appearance and he’s been found wanting in quite a few of them.

Wouldn’t say he’s been the biggest reason when he didn’t will them to win himself I said finals either.

He couldn’t help those creaky old Italian fuckers. Ronaldo got Portugal to the Euro final but was injured carrying them on his back.

Messi had Di Maria, Dybala, Higuain, Aguero, Otamendi, Caballero all those years and only now wins a weak ass Copa America.

Messi isn’t even better than Alexis Sanchez on an international level.

Ronaldo has twice as many CL finals goals as Messi anyway. This discussion is ridiculous imo lol

1 Like

The team was actually quite young and mostly not Italian.

The Euro’s win yeah cool but they won it without him so they must not be so shit after all eh?

The thing about Argentina is that they have been mental midgets in almost all of these tournaments, looking to Messi to carry them through. They fold under pressure and their defence has been woeful for a very long time, you’re not going to win the biggest internaitonal trophies with a defence that can’t defend. If it wasn’t for Higuain they would have won the WC already with Messi leading the way.

As for Alexis and Messi that’s such an inane argument that there’s little point responding.

He got them to the finals by not helping them win a single game in normal time and scoring 3 goals (2 against Hungary lol) and then not even playing any substantial role in the final due to injury?

2 Likes

I reapet on an international level. Sanchez carried a bunch of no names, minus Vidal of course. Argentina has always been a juggernaut in international football but they often came up short due to shoehorning Messi in to the side.

Wasn’t there an incident where petulant Messi got the national team coach fired?