Cristiano Ronaldo

You are most welcome sir jake of boysville.

1 Like

Heā€™s hardly the first controversial Man Utd figure.
Roy Keane says hi. :wave:

Doubt it even made a dent in his Man Utd legacy long-term. Heā€™s still associated with one of the greatest Man Utd sides ever and being the best player in the side and world at the time.

Roy Keaneā€™s dispute was with Ferguson and Keane remains loyal to the club & backs them; whereas Ronaldo has spoken against the club publicly in a crass manner.

Persie is listed among our top goalscorers but he wonā€™t be stepping onto Emirates any time soon and even if he does, fans wonā€™t be singing his songs.

Documented legacy & ground reality can be different.

Based on the four United fans Iā€™ve spoken to about it, it has. Obviously canā€™t say thatā€™s representative.

3 Likes

Roy Keane blasted his own teammates.

RvP is totally different. The guy ditched us at his peak and went to Utd after we stood by him through all his injury problems.

Ronaldo is 38, he was past his best and got out of his contract with Man Utd. It was the best solution for both parties and it should have happened last summer instead.

Well, some I talked to were pissed at him at first for sure when the interview happened, might be because I abused some of the statements he made about us to throw shade at them though. :rofl:
Donā€™t think they care now, they were quite supportive of him in the World Cup and were pissed at him not starting against Morocco in the WC.
One of my friends sent be a video the other day of Ronaldo at Man Utd so I assume he at least is over it.

Time heals all wounds. Honestly, most Man Utd legends are dicks anyway. Itā€™s like a requirement at this point. :sweat_smile:

You can understand rising to the challenge of Madrid being a natural move for a player like this. Or wanting out of a club because it was imploding and had no ambition. He forced his way out of a club that he supposedly loved because things werenā€™t going his way for like 2-3 months. A club that had just hired a hotshot manager and was spending Ā£200m and having Eriksen for free.

They thought he loved them and he wouldnā€™t even see out 5 months on Ā£500k or whatever? Nah. The way it went down I canā€™t see how this does anything other than damage his legacy.

1 Like

It absolutely damaged his legacy. The few United supporting friends I have donā€™t like him anymore. Appreciate his early years, but see him for who he is: selfish and a narcissist.

Those who still like him, tend to be Ronaldo fanboys. Not United supporters.

But it didnā€™t happen and it followed up with some really awkward & unprofessional behaviour with ā€œleakedā€ email, refusal to come on as a substitute or refusal to wait till full-time. And then that embarrassing interview with Piers Morgan.

You cannot remove all that context & just simplify it as you did.
That way I can remove context from Persieā€™s transfer and state it as ā€œPersie moved to United and Arsenal got paid, good solution for everyoneā€.

Your last impression is often your only impression especially if there is a gap of 13 years between your good contribution & now.
I highly doubt United fans will be giddy about Ronaldo in the coming years.

When we say his legacy is tarnished, we donā€™t mean fans are going out of their way to burn Ronaldo effigies, rather they wonā€™t be signing his name like Barcelona fans would do for Messi.

1 Like

I think he definitely shat on his united legacy with the interview, prior to that people werenā€™t against him.

He highlighted some fair points about their shit club during it which others have since agreed with (outdated facilities, transfer policies etc.), but that diehard love all mancs had for him has been tarnished.

AND HE SPOKE ILL ABOUT THE CHEFS

Unacceptable innit @BergkampsLoveChild ?

Fuck him bloody benchod.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::rofl:

Farmer

200m, worth everything

The facebook algorithm throws up some truly deranged shit

2 Likes

Man must be loving life in Saudi, heā€™s scoring 35 yard free kicks again and passing over penalties to teammates to win the game.

1 Like

Whatā€™s your opinion on that thing he does to get the ball in the air before he hits it? Should that be deemed illegal?

You have a clip? I hadnā€™t really noticed it lol, always just seems to knuckleball it.

Heā€™s done it for penalties before. I have seen Rio say he used to practice that when they were at Man Utd.