Cost of Living

The universe has got it in for you this week lol

1 Like

I can’t complain. But I do complain on behalf of those who don’t have the means to own property.

Also investing money into Tesla for the long term, means in the immediate I don’t make any money off of Tesla.

Still working hard to get contracts and make ends meet and put every spare cent into Tesla. Which by the way has its investors today. Could be another great day to own TSLA shares :slight_smile:

Well I can’t speak for those that don’t own property but as people are commenting on price rises on just about everything I’m sure being unable to afford a mortgage on a house which the bank will take away if you don’t make the repayments will make anyone think twice whether it’s wise to buy a house.

When homeowners bought in property the market was right and mortgages were freely available and if you are prepared to start off small with something that needs renovating or restoring it can be possible these days
I know this can be a contentious issue for some but I don’t think there is a need to blame a generation that took advantage of investment in property when the opportunity was there and they were clever enough to get into it.

You buy shares so you know how it works.

1 Like

Plenty of people in previous generations also would not of had the means to purchase properties at whatever price.
To big a sweeping generalisation on any generations.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but it’s true for the Netherlands at least that anyone middle class of my parents generation (boomers) could buy a house in the Netherlands. I’d say even those lower than middle class could buy and afford property in the 80s and 90s if they indeed had the inkling to do that.

That generation, although not everyone, sometimes mistreats the younger generation who are having trouble finding property.

And it’s well documented at least over here that there is much less available and on offer to buy than two decades ago and prices have sky rocketed.

No, it’s EE, they’ve used the old business costs have gone up…

What blows my mind and I guess this is in the T&C’s, is that they can essentially up my contract by whatever percentage they feel works for them but I’m locked into this and cannot exit without paying the remainder of the contract. Really not right!

As for produce at the supermarkets, I saw a video by a farmer yesterday saying that things like British tomatoes are currently missing from supermarkets or low on stock because they’re grown in greenhouses that need to be powered over the winter months, the cost of this has gone up but the supermarkets refuse to pay a fair price to farmers for the produce, so they’re at logger heads.

2 Likes

Actually don’t think that is the same thing apon a second read but still good news anyway as you dont use it much after April anyway.

Just more for us to pay back later while the robbing bastards keep seeing record profits.

3 Likes

The problem is because going into the warmer months we’ll use less energy, these cunts will still say that they paid top dollar for it at wholesale, so until they shift what they’ve paid high costs for at wholesale, we’ll carry on paying high energy costs.
Like everything else at the moment, I don’t see them lowering their costs when everyone is willing to pay it as we don’t really have a fucking choice.

So fucking done with this country, the future really does feel quite bleak.
if I didn’t have a mortgage or run a business I’d be fucking out of here but not sure it’s much better anywhere else either.

3 Likes

The main thing holding me back (and I guess lots of people) is that you’d have to leave you families behind. That just isn’t a possibility for either my wife or me.

The idea of leaving all the bullshit behind is compelling though. I think about it sometimes like at the end of the 25th Hour, playing out the fantasy of escaping to somewhere better.

Which country would we even go to? Everywhere is fucked. Shitcunt corrupt bastard governments everywhere. Mega rich individuals and corporates dictate how the world is run. Can’t hide anywhere from this bollocks.

1 Like

See that’s it, everywhere is having issues at the moment and adding in being a migrant wherever you end up ontop of this fucked situation would make it even harder.

Not sure of other people’s experiences but when I moved to Norway in 2012 and had to register with Skatte and UDI (tax and immigration) I was made to feel very unwelcome. Never felt like a second rate citizen before and I had my Norwegian girlfriend and her mum there helping me out, it was quite the experience.

I’ve always lived away from family and don’t have kids so that wouldn’t be an issue my side, just not sure where, Canada and Australia have always appealed but they both come with their own issues aswell.

Each country has its own issues but the UK and US when it comes to income inequality are close to the top.

2 Likes

Thank fuck. Scotrail wont be effected by anymore RMT strikes.

Fact check: false both counties are not even in the top 10 USA no 48 uk 96

Happy to say I’m wrong if you link the evidence and it shows this.

Here you go

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/income-inequality-by-country

Scroll down to all countries it will surprise you

2 Likes

Fair enough, that makes sense

I guess I should have qualified with ‘within 1st world high income countries’ like the G7, where the US is top.

1 Like

Love them.

6 Likes

Toulouse and Paris joining in the fun

3 Likes

Nobody protests like the French - organised chaos.

2 Likes