Cost of Living

Unfortunately the British public are passive and compliant.

7 Likes
1 Like

And this is gradually what’s happening, a lot of public sector professions are losing people to the private sector because there’s better pay and conditions. There’s been a recruitment and retention crisis in teaching for years, as there has been in the NHS. They want a quality education system (apparently), they want a good quality healthcare system (apparently) but they don’t want to pay for it.

If you want good quality professionals you have to pay for them, otherwise they fuck off. It’s not like trying to recruit for an unskilled role where you can recruit someone and train them up in a couple of weeks (though there’s plenty of companies who find that hard to do with employees whom they actually want). If you don’t value bodies of qualified professionals, you won’t have a body of qualified professionals.

5 Likes

Absolutely.

It’s a shame that we’ve only stood up for ourselves when it’s got so bad we can barely survive let alone live good quality of life.

But then people go into the public sector to do good and help so they put up with more.

It’s a shame government can’t even make it a base level of good pay and conditions even if they are miles off private sector. That’s all it will take for people to stay but this government hate all public sector - unless they can use it to enrich themselves.

2 Likes

Think my mortgage is up in like 9 months. I’m sure I’ll hit the absolute peak of these rises, marvellous.

1 Like

Mine is in June. And OMG, it is ridiculous.

Not gonna lie, until now I was all “cost of living? I’ve got the heating on all day”

But having seen what they wanna charge me for the mortgage at renewal time, I’m looking at getting 4 lodgers.

6 Likes

I was fucking mind blown by my last electricity bill. I dared to put the heating on and I know all about it now :joy:

Yeah. I worked out I can just put petrol in my car and sit in that 24/7 with heated seats for a month, and it will be cheaper than a week of heating

6 Likes

I love an excuse to go out in the car at the moment. Heating on full blast the entire time.

1 Like

Savage as fuck mate. Mines got 3 years to run as fixed it for 5 and. I’m anxious as fuck about that :sweat_smile:

I’ve never been more glad to be a renter.

2 Likes

I’d take a mortgage over renting and paying someone else’s mortgage any day of the week

2 Likes

It’s the council’s. I’m pretty sure they already own it outright :slight_smile:

But the increase in petrol price was necessary. War in Ukraine. Covid. Logistics. Less shipping containers. So higher cost per container to ship. Crippling inflation.

If they hadn’t had record profit as a result of their very justified price hikes at the pump, the corporation would need to go to the food banks and shelter. So stop whining. Thanks

4 Likes

What a genius. Has anyone mentioned this to all the renters out there? I wonder why they haven’t thought of it?

1 Like

Don’t think he was trying to undermine anyone.

4 Likes

Well now they know :grinning:

7 Likes

I’m in process of getting a mortgage and I’m shitting myself.

2 Likes

At least you won’t be paying someone else’s mortgage, who cares if you can eat? :grinning: