Cost of Living

Apparently your the only one that thinks that, pointless comments trying to be big brained about something you aren’t invested in.

1 Like

How is pointing out that you’ve missed the point me acting big brained?

Just saying let poorly go on school trips too, not trying to deprive other kids by taking anything away from them. Bit of a disproportionate response really, feel like you might have missed the point in your eagerness to have a mini rant about participation trophies lol.

Also, an award for good attendance is literally a participation trophy.

Also, attendance rewards don’t have the affect they’re intended to. In kids who attain the rewards it’s no guarantee of future attendance in fact after gaining the reward some students attendance drops. In kids who miss a small amount of of school there’s no longer an incentive to go for the reward.

1 Like

My old school used to have an end of year prize draw, with some seriously good prizes, for teachers with 100% attendance. You’d be like, I had one day off with a viral infection six months ago, you fuckers.

7 Likes

My son’s school does little rewards and points for attendance

Ive always thought its a good thing, teaches them about being reliable and consistent in attendance, even when sometimes they dont want to go.

3 Likes

Yeah, of course. But I don’t think this was the original point being made though. I read it as sure reward those who do good, but don’t punish those who can’t be there through no fault of their own. Having an illness is different to being a truant.

1 Like

Nah fuck those sickly kids.

Being considerate of them is why we have participation trophies, even though rewarding kids for attendance is literally rewarding them for just taking part.

Speaking of the cost of living, getting a new kitchen fitted, and even done fairly cheaply, it’s a disgusting amount to see leave the account at a time like this.

“It’s an investment in the property” is almost a mantra at this stage, brain is working overtime to convince myself to think of it that way.

Fucking annoying thing is that this was planned, but the 300 odd quid I just spent at the vets on my cat and the 500ish I will likely have to spend at the dentists ober the next few months absolutely fucking weren’t anticipated.

3 Likes

The worst thing about owning a home is the amount of money you spend on the property after you buy it.

4 Likes

I got quoted 14 grand for a new bathroom and as a result I’m not getting a new bathroom.

6 Likes

I just did near a grand on a new backdoor as well, didn’t mention it cos I’m trying to scrub it from my memory.

4 Likes

Just wait until the boiler gives out

Please don’t say things like that.

1 Like

Everything to do with the house has three zeros in front of it. Every time.

Sorry I couldn’t resist haha

2 Likes
  • Prime Minister Rishi Sunak addressed winter strike action across numerous sectors, insisting the government had been “reasonable” in its public-sector pay offers. He challenged Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer to support “tough laws” clamping down on “unreasonable” union walkouts

It’s a shame that the Tories remain more committed to tackling people’s right to strike than they are with actually tackling the reasons so many are striking.

Mick Lynch said the amount of money the government have been giving train companies when the unions strike would have paid for the pay rise he’s been seeking for the rail workers. It really just goes to show how inept they truly are that they’d rather subsidise rail company losses than just give people a proper pay rise

8 Likes

Similar in Royal Mail. Every boss on a 1000 pound bonus for working through the strike. Bleating about losing a million a day to the press.

2 Likes

The public: striking across multiple industries because the value of wages has fallen so far many cannot afford to live.

Government: the problem here is that people have the right to strike.

8 Likes