Cost of Living

Suppress the problem rather than address it.

The Govt have proven they have the money to rectify the situation as has been shown recently so by them not actually provisioning the pay increases proves the Govt don’t care and just want to blame the workers whilst removing the rights of people. These corrupt Tory cunts need burying ffs !?

1 Like

The strikes are fucking me and my girlfriend for Christmas but we still support them.

1 Like

So many people gonna be affected by the strikes however most seem to support the action !?

2 Likes

The strikes are annoying but at least most people realise that it’s the government who are to blame for them, rather than the Rail workers.

2 Likes
5 Likes

You love to see it!

Something like this will happen in the South very soon.

With the commuter numbers dropping they need to focus on the leisure traveller and the peak fare is a commuter thing, not a leisure thing.

They’ll never drop peak fares in England, especially not for commuting in London. The fares are insane even from Kent and they know they have people over a barrel. It’s exactly the kind of slap in the face this government loves. Raise fares, lower standards every year.

1 Like

Only just seen this. It’s a month old but fucking hell this is really bad from the BBC

Thoughts on this @Stroller ?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s unbelievable how uninformed and prepared the interviewer is prepared to push this narrative.
It’s concerning how people will still just blandly trust news outlets as custodians of truth.
The integrity of the BBC is badly found wanting here and should at some stage a form of apology offered.
Outside of the union platform this doesn’t get highlighted or checked.

3 Likes

Like Laura Kuenssberg’s interview with Rishi Sunak.

1 Like

Rinsed

8 Likes

Cost of living crisis? What cost of living crisis?!

6 Likes

There is a crisis the above post shows someone that’s living within her means and making it work for her. Person below is salty I’m sorry government is not god and the end of the day you have to be responsible for your own finance. I’ve cut back on many things and very picky when I spend.

Edit: I know people on less than 25k making it work and not going to food banks. Providing for a wife and a kid and send money to the family in they native country.

2 Likes

Bloody poor people, buying tv’s and mobile phones.

1 Like

What fucking point is he making?! Young, healthy single woman with minimal responsibilities on circa 30k a year doesn’t need foodbanks, so why does anyone need foodbanks?!

It’s like he has cited Katy as an example to back up a point he hasn’t actually made yet.

6 Likes

I do sometimes wonder if the cost of living crisis is massively linked to people’s personal debt levels too, tied in with the fact people having to re-mortgage at higher interest rates and energy costs dramatically rising.

We do very much live in a keeping up with the jones’s world where people don’t really save or save to buy things anymore and have to have it now.

The fact she pays £775 per month for a room says a lot about how shitty and overpriced London truly is

A fucking room lol

6 Likes

I pay 1/3 of that, for an entire flat.

London is insane.

2 Likes