Coronavirus

I think not closing the airports and the borders was a MASSIVE mistake by Boris.

Absolute madness that you still had flights from Wuhan coming into Heathrow in well into May 2020.

I always wonder how Theresa May would have handled the pandemic as PM, I think she would have done a much better job.

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t even attending the Cobra meetings.

2 Likes

Not true if you actually read the full discussion, they admit the way itā€™s measured has its flaws; the fact feelings can change drastically from moment to moment.

Isolation period over ,done my 5 days and for good measure I took my final LFT to make sure and its negative also :grin::grin::grin:

Thank fuck thats over with. What a boring week I have had! :joy:

3 Likes

Do you still have to isolate in Scotland? Or did you just choose to?

Advised to isolate for 5 days.

I wouldnā€™t feel ok walking about positive haha specially when I can wfh

Truth be told I didnā€™t even want to leave the house anyway as it made me quite tired when I had it and had no motivation to go out even for exercise :joy:

3 Likes

Do you mind me asking why you tested?
Was it just because of the symptoms?

Finally got it today lol was starting to feel a bit left out.

Symptoms arenā€™t too bad, little bit of a stuffy nose, bit of a headache and thats about it.

2 Likes

Seems everyone who managed to avoid it for 2 years is getting it now. Hopefully not bad for you fella.

3 Likes

You vacced?

Yeah bro fully vaxxed.

1 Like

How did you get it on an island of 7 people?

Also, have you got symptoms? Over here, no one seems to test unless they are ill

Yeah I have symptoms, thats why I tested lol Iā€™m one of those people who doesnt test unless I have symptoms, this is only the third test Iā€™ve ever done lol and the others were so I could go visit my grandad in the rest home.

Up until about 6-9 months ago it wasnt that common to have it here (due to isolated location and aforementioned 7 total residents) but we had a big explosion of cases and I missed out catching it then when everyone else I know did.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve only ever tested 3 times and all 3 were due to work making me.

One of them happen right be positive. Been a good 5 months since Iā€™ve taken a test now.

You never mentioned your work COVID rules. Tell us more.

Oh itā€™s just if anyone you worked with tested positive initially youā€™d have to isolate for 7 days.

I think now itā€™s if anyone you work with gets it you have to rapid test every day for 5 days prior to coming into work.

I was joking. But are you saying Australia still has rules like this?

Yeah in theory but thankfully not many can be fucked policing it anymore.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good. Though means you actually have to work now :sweat_smile:

I read that the latest variant is likely to evade my vaccine and prior infection immunity although itā€™s still only hospitalising a much lower proportion.

It knocked me very badly for about 3 months when I had it earlier in the year and even now Iā€™m not back to full fitness. Iā€™m not looking forward to catching it again and again but that seems my destiny. I hope by the time Iā€™ve had it 3 or 4 more times I will be very immune to getting sick from this fast mutating little fucker.