Coronavirus

Oh ok then.

And if the hospitals got overwhelmed and capacity went in the mud along with ventilators, would we be saying we should have discharged all these people?

Honestly this is such an issue even before Covid and now.

People coming in for social admissions.

And people becoming unwell because their social care before hospital goes to shit.

There is so much more acute illness as it is and this social care mess is making everything even harder.

And these people do badly if they stay on hospital for too long - fall, break their hips, get complex chest infections/MRSA in hospital.

Itā€™s not fair on anyone. And it just shows the mess in this country.

Privatised careā€¦awful pay and conditions for carers. Nowhere near enough investment.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget our world beating Nightingale hospitalsā€¦

2 Likes

with no staff because most self-respecting doctors and nurses are running far away from the nhs which treats them like shit

but yeah

Btw the Italians had warned the other governments about putting covid positive patients with old people.

1 Like

I got the COVID :sob: Managed to swerve it for 2 years.

Hopefully your experience with covid is like mine, although if it is you probably wouldnā€™t know you had it.

Iā€™ve got a cough and sore throat. Itā€™s not too bad though.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be fine. Do you have to isolate for 5 days and ā€œun-isolateā€ on day 6 after a negative LFT test, or something?

(Iā€™ve forgotten the rules lol)

The rules are there are no rules.

1 Like

I believe youā€™re required to meet a quota of vulnerable people you cough in the face of per day you are infected.

6 Likes

Good for anyone who needs or wants it.

Everyone else has moved on now though so canā€™t see much uptake

3 Likes

Lol, thatā€™s crazy, man.

Youā€™d hope the MHRA would chuck any such similar report in the bin over here.

Itā€™s more to include in analysing data from the clinical trials.

To show they donā€™t miss anything out.

Big pharma need to prove people wrong and show they care and arenā€™t just in it for the lucrative booster money

Because people will eventually tire of a 3monthly Jags for the rest of their lives.

Piss off and create a pan-coronavirus vaccine please.

I developed a cough on Friday so took a test this morning before going down to see my elderly grandparent just to be safe for there sake and I finally got the dreaded two red lines. So thank fuck I took the test as I wouldnā€™t even have known I would have had it otherwise :joy:

Feel like I done well to get to June 2022 without getting it

3 Likes

Ahh bummer man, sounds like the symptoms arenā€™t bad? Sorry you had to get it

No-one is getting away with not getting infected, itā€™s just a matter of time for everyone

1 Like

I would not even know I had it if I wasnā€™t testing for visiting grandparent haha so thats tells it. :joy:

Least I got it when it was omicron and three vaccines in and no mental isolation rules apart from common sense

2 Likes

Itā€™s hilarious how 180 the media have gone, you can barely find a story about covid anywhere these days.

Not that Iā€™m complaining :joy:

Nothing new, as we saw with the UK lockdowns after they tried to let it rip.

Basically the more you let it rip, the less free life really was as an overall.

1 Like