Coronavirus

Just been on the news there that now Scotland has got rid of face masks. The whole of the UK is now free of restrictions for the first time in over 2 years

1 Like
2 Likes

And they thought they’d get away with it :man_facepalming:t3:

We should be investigating the UK’s procurement too. Lots of dodgy deals there as well.

3 Likes

In The Netherlands a scandal also surfaced. The mask mandate made one friend of the health minister very rich. :slight_smile:

It was to such extent, he sold masks that weren’t even ever used and got millions for it.

Nothing to see here, though. :slight_smile:

Same happened in Germany and Merkel’s party:

1 Like

The details are already out about the deals that were done in the UK. No one seems to give a shit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Politicians taking advantage of a crisis for their own gain. A disgusting reoccurring trait.

2 Likes

And a lot of the PPE wasn’t even good enough to be used, and had to be scrapped. Even though there were British companies who already manufacture this stuff, and were willing to do it at cost, but couldn’t get any response from the government.

1 Like

That’s why they keep selling the commoners phantom bridges and the likes. Up and onwards to the next sales opportunity. :slight_smile:

So much fraud.

With the business grants as well

All the support payments. There was no scrutiny and the financial assistance much of it didn’t end up where it was actually needed and who it was designed for

1 Like

But not surprising in the slightest. They are vermin.

2 Likes

This is so dumb.

Completely disagree with this.

At the time, you had images of Italy being in a right mess, hospitals and ventilators all overwhelmed.

This is a shitty NHS that was already running at full capacity with less reserve than Italy.

So they had to prepare and that meant quickly getting more stable older people back into care homes, and unfortunately some of them turned out to be positive.

Using words like unlawful are unhelpful and politically charged.

If you want to criticise something in hindsight, maybe it wasn’t the best idea to dismiss this as the flu originally and not bother to test people. There was no testing infrastructure in place at the time which meant people that were COVID positive were sent to care homes with no idea because they couldn’t get tested and there was no surveillance.

As usual the wrong conclusions being drawn for emotive reasons and the wrong lessons will be learned.

This didn’t happen in the middle East btw @JakeyBoy

2 Likes

Spot on mate

1 Like

I’m not going to pretend I have…but have you read the ruling? You’re reacting to a tweet. Do you know the ruling doesn’t outline the issue exactly as you have described and on that basis draw it’s conclusion of unlawful?

Also, the court can only rule on the case in front of it.

1 Like

I’ve not seen the ruling.

I can’t find any story on it the article linked doesn’t say.

I can see how it was a bad decision or a had policy.

But unlawful? How? Lol. Is it illegal to make public health decisions that were wrong in hindsight now?

1 Like

It doesn’t take a genius to see that putting highly contagious people into a nursing home full of highly vulnerable residents, was a terrible idea.

3 Likes

I don’t know. But I assume the judge is in a decent position to make such a shout.

This isn’t saying that anyone is a criminal. It isn’t saying that anyone should go to jail. It is saying the action of sending people back to their nursing homes was not in line with the laws as they existed at that time. A bit like throwing parties at number 10. Unlawful acts that are mostly resulting in 50 pound fines right now. Obviously this is a touch more serious.

I’ll have a read of this later myself but before doing so I would have to assume the Judge has made a generally sound ruling and knows what he is doing.

2 Likes

But nobody knew they were so contagious because they weren’t tested.

Also not wise to have medically well people stuck in hospital for nonsense reasons if the hospital is about to get absolutely ruined by a wave of unwell Covid people.

Just highlights the pitiful state of social care in this country.

1 Like

They were tested. Nursing homes were literally forced to take back residents even when they knew they were COVID positive. Because they weren’t ill enough to remain in hospital.

Nursing homes that didn’t have the resources, the manpower or the skills to deal with a contagious viral infection of this magnitude.

So yeah, they should have stayed in hospital.

3 Likes