Coronavirus

I’m afraid I came back to cold England. Was only going to stay if England locked down.

They take mask wearing and social distancing miles more seriously than in England and you have to prove your vaccination status in a lot of places eg Gavea golf club, to stay in a hotel, fine dining etc etc. I was surprised to see how seriously they took it but guess that’s what you have to do if you don’t have the money to afford to furlough people and provide loans for lengthy lockdowns.

Personally I think we Europeans could learn a lot from the Brazilian approach.

They also have hose attachments next to a lot of their toilets so you can wash your arse after going to the loo which I find preferable to the dirty European way of smearing poo around with a bit of tissue.

All in there’s a lot we can learn from them rather than going on about Bolsinaros short comings as if they’re ignorant idiots for voting him in. The country is imperfect in many ways, high crime, a poorly educated poor favel living section of society trapped in poverty, drug problems, deforestation, corruption, mass public debt, a big litter problem from the poor and mass traffic congestion in the cities. So they have major problems but their approach to Covid seemed remarkably sensible given they didn’t have the public finances to pay for long lockdowns.

Also when I had a live threatening blocked bowel in 2012 when I was there their medical system and care worked miles better than it does over here and the cost was modest by comparison.

The golf courses are very good in Rio too so would’ve been happy to see out the winter there if I’d needed to.

1 Like

Flying to Curaçao today. Negative PCR test sufficed. Let’s see if I come through unscathed by omicron. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

5 Likes

Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Japanese toilets are the best though, wash and blow dry to go!

1 Like

Thank god they did…was tired of smelling my own breath.

Boris in shit street today. Obviously he’s coming to an end as leader for these pictures too have been released after so long.
Got a be inside the party. Still be nice to see the conceited prick squirm for once.

3 Likes

Imagine how “clean” that hose must be :nauseated_face:

1 Like

So the PM just admitted to attending a garden party during the first lockdown - while he was telling everyone not to see their families. Who would want to keep listening to these clowns who take the piss out of your lives.

1 Like

Cleaner than your arse after some toilet roll I’ll tell you that

1 Like

You can see the “clean” hose but you can’t see your “clean” butthole

1 Like

I guess the thing with Boris is that everyone always knew he was bumbling, chaotic, ill disciplined, a serial liar and cheat who couldn’t his penis in his trousers for ore than 5 minutes at a time. But now he’s behind in the polls his own MP’s will ruthlessly bayonet him to death in short order.

I knew this pandemic was going to be the death of him since he took such a non conservative stance. All we had to do was wait :rofl:

Oh

Was a load of shite to begin with

2 Likes

I’m just questioning how “clean” that hose really is. It may just look clean enough. Besides you’ve got more bacteria in your mouth then in your arse.

1 Like

I just don’t fancy the collateral damage. i.e. a water cannon to my nuts.

2 Likes

So I’ve tested positive to covid-19.

Makes sense as to why I was feeling 5% more fatigued after doing 10km running yesterday.

Other than that I’ve got the most mild cough once an hour.

That’s a pain. Do you have to isolate?

Yeah mate I’m done to the 17th, thankfully it’s from when the swab was taken, so despite getting my results this morning I’m already 3 days into the mandatory 7.

Whatever you do, don’t admit to any possibility that your recent vaccinations are perhaps instrumental in helping your symptoms be so mild!!

Seriously though am pleased you have it only very mild and still able to run 10k with it.

1 Like

You don’t have to go to the concentration camp?

3 Likes