Coronavirus

Same boat as you, Jules. A tip: if you’ve got kids in the family, see if they’ve got a game called Pick Up Monkeys. Borrow one of them and use it to hold the mask straps behind your bonce, bypassing your ears. Works for me.

The only thing I find annoying about face mask requirements is I have to wear them when I go to our depot for work. But depot appearances are rare these days thankfully.

In my own time I don’t though.

If I followed the rules religiously though I’d be pissed off, inconvenience to the max, often hard to hear what people are saying also.

1 Like

That’s cos they’re talkin’ Australian, innit

3 Likes

Straya matteee

1 Like

Yeah. It can be muffled. But, also, for some people, lip reading is important. You don’t have to be completely deaf to rely on communication cues.

1 Like

I see U.K. corona cases are down 13 percent week on week although fear it’ll bounce one more time now schools are back.

Even so means hospitalisation and death numbers should start turning in a few weeks time. Definitely needed because 2,000 hospitalisations in a day is getting to scary levels for an already stressed NHS.

Looks like the moderate plan B restrictions may have been a reasonable balance. Glad I’m not in lockdown Holland right now.

1 Like

3 days off work as of tomorrow and I still haven’t received my PCR result ? :joy:

How long does it take to receive the results of these in England ?

My girlfriend got her results after she recovered lol

1 Like

I’ve never done one. But people I know who have got their results the next day.

1 Like

Hahaha I wonder how much time off work I get this year ? Lol. I’m still getting paid so I suppose I shouldn’t complain.

Wifey did it yesterday at 11AM, got her results by 6PM.

It’s usually a 20-30 mins test but logistics & everything will consume time.
If you get a home kit, it’s like 15mins

Work wanted me to do a PCR apparently they’re more accurate?

They are. They’re more sensitive and DNA tracing (PCR= Polymerase Chain Reaction) will tell you exactly which strain you’re infected with

1 Like

Yeah it was a PCR test which took 8 hours.

I can do the nose swab part but I’ve not once yet managed to hit my tonsils with the swab. I just start gagging violently and end up doing round the back of my cheek at best.

Can you do the tonsil swabbing part?

1 Like

We are backward in Australia mate, the only tests we have access to at home are the rapid antigen if you’re lucky enough to get hold of one, they also only became available here about 6 weeks ago :joy:

On the home lateral flow tests, you don’t have to put the swab to your tonsils any more, just up the nose. Which I was really glad of.

1 Like

Yes I found that out although only after my Mrs tried to force my first lateral flow tests down my throat.

I did my at home day 2 PCR badly in that respect though although I tried and I did a thorough nasal swab.

I need to go and have radio frequency ablation on a lot of nerves in my decrepit back in the next few months so I’m concerned they won’t let me do it if I can’t let them administer the PCR on my tonsils effectively.

The lateral flow test guy in Brazil also did a good job in trying to ram his swab up to our eyeballs so that was a tearful experience for all concerned.

1 Like

I completely forgot you are riding the new wave all the way at Brazil.
How is it going?

Mean while in Japan:

1 Like