Coronavirus

I just read, the new “mutation” is especially spreading and affecting young children.

Just in time for the new Pfizer vaccine that is especially made for… children.

How convenient. I am sure the government always has got the best interest for its plebs. :slight_smile:

Time to lock up some more Pfizer shares and focus on the metaverse becoming reality faster than we thought.

I mean you do seem to enjoy investing money in pouncey cryptocurrency schemes.

Doesn’t seem like you know much about cryptocurrency and how I invest in them. :slight_smile:

If it’s made it to Belgium, it’s probably made it to other places in Europe.

Anyone for a Covid booster jab?

1 Like

Really pissed about this Omicron variant news. Was looking forward to my booster shot and having a worry free unrestricted winter.

This shit never ends.

2 Likes

The new variant classed as ‘‘of concern’’ by the WHO.

Is ‘‘of concern’’ an official status now? These fucking dogs aint got a clue.

2 Likes

Learn to live with and what not I guess

Apparently it can “circumvent” our immune system but the vaccine is still effective. Take from that what you will :joy:

3 Likes

They don’t currently have enough data to fully define it so for now it’s of concern. There have been variants we haven’t heard about because they weren’t of concern I suppose.

2 Likes

Sounds a bit fishy to me :thinking:

1 Like

Who’s saying this?

Absolutely, how long are people willing to accept living with the handbreak on ?

2 Likes

I saw it on DW, apparently the scientists sequencing it said that, wait up I’ll link it.

1 Like

Again a lot of sensationalism from the awful media.

We don’t know enough to think anything yet

Just have to wait to see what the results are.

I remain confident severe disease will be protected against from the vaccine.

Get your jabs. Get the entire world their jabs.

Oh damn really? That’s a real shame.

2 Likes

Depends where you live I Suppose. Been pretty normal back here for awhile.
Circuit breakers wouldn’t bother me if it’s essential to the hospitals.
Hospital admissions have to be the deciding key.

1 Like

It’s taken Melbourne nearly 2 years for overnight case numbers to not be the first thing on peoples tongues each morning, places like South Australia still freaking over 3 new cases etc. Aus coming from a long way back.

3 Likes

I get that frustration and rightful anger tbf mate. Totally justified.

3 Likes

As was the case with delta. In fact from the last info I read delta was weaker as in causing less deaths than alpha. Covid is behaving the way most viruses do, evolving and becoming less deadly but able to spread more easily. Honestly the way the virus has been handled by pretty much every government you’d probably want it to evolve, only way we have out of this imo.

In regards to Africa just a week ago the news was that scientists were baffled because there were so few covid cases there.

6 Likes

I thought delta was killing less because lots of vulnerable people have vaccine protection and also treatments have improved?

1 Like

It’s both I think, vaccines probably playing a much bigger part

Delta is not the most lethal variant, but it wasn’t the least lethal either.

Also this is what it means to be a variant of concern: