Coronavirus

I’ll tell you a funny story about that Hills, when I was in Kirkuk northern Iraq there was this old Kurdish general guy, looked like he was in his early 50s was actually 70 something, larger than life kind of dude. He would always go through the medical supplies and without knowing what he was taking, would just pop pills. Some of the guys used to have all kinds of shit in a cooler and he would just take one of everything, I asked the translator guy “wtf is this guy doing? :joy: and he asked him and the guy laughed and said “it’s all good for something! Won’t get ill if I’m protected from everything” :joy::rofl: then he would just give a :+1:t4: Laugh and move on.

Disclaimer I ain’t encouraging anyone to do that just a funny anecdote.

8 Likes

Aren’t half the Covid vaccines MRNA vaccines which are basically new ? where as all flu jabs are made the traditional way Dave ?

2 Likes

Pretty much so.

For instance, the most recent flu vaccine is going to be made up by old strains of influenza (inactivated strains, I might add)

1 Like

What the actual fuck?!

1 Like

Today will likely be the 3rd straight day of thousands of construction workers protesting in the city against mandatory jab mandates to work, blocking off major roads etc, union buildings getting smashed for selling them out, some cop cars getting hammered. I think things will get bigger and worse also.

Side note Melbourne officially take the mantle as most lockdown city in the world tomorrow.

Off who?

Buenos Aires and us currently on 234 days.

2 Likes

Mental man

The fuck is wrong with these policy makers

1 Like

@Bavin going to extremes for them gainz!

1 Like

4 Likes

Depends how you see it. The mRNA type can be dated back and was first used in the mid 80s and was in research as far back as the 60s. The version used in today’s Covid vaccine (in Moderna, Pfizer and Astra atleast) has been in use since 2011.

Astra isn’t MRNA as far as I’m aware, made in the traditional way, or least that’s what my mate that works at CSL tells me.

Yes sry, my bad.

My second Moderna jab fucking destroyed me. Had like a fever for 3 days, my breathing felt horrendous for a week my heart kept randomly racing making me sweat and feel tired all of a sudden. Doctor said rest. Gee thanks bro

How many times I must’ve had covid by now and it hasn’t affected me but this bloody thing lmao.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity if you think you’ve had covid a few times what made you want to get vaccinated ?

1 Like

Honestly because the amount of people I know that think of you’re vaccinated you’re suddenly immune to it and suddenly don’t spread it. Cba to argue how that makes 0 sense, so just got it to give other people some peace of mind.

Genuinely didn’t think I would feel like I’m gonna die of a heart attack by getting a fucking vaccine though hahaha.

3 Likes

That’s I don’t do anything for the sake of other people

5 Likes

New South Wales has pretty much declared they’ll have no restrictions as of December 1, no segregation between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

3 Likes