Coronavirus

This is scary news as the growth in case numbers this week suggests it could spread like wild fire and I’m guessing we will see a rise in deaths at the end of the month with it.

This could be a real fly in the ointment but as usual Johnson is caught shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. I’ll go nuts if we have another lockdown now this variant looks off the leash but it seems far too possible now. Hate this bloody thing. Seems never ending.

If he’d followed what they do in NZ or Australia or Korea we’d have been out of most of the restrictions months ago. Seems he’s just too stupid to learn even though his jovial nature has its charms at times. He’s so bad that the Tories have lost any chance of getting my vote for quite a while to come now.

2 Likes

You guys better not get complacent just because you got vaccinated.
It only takes one weird variant.

People are going blind post Covid recovery over here.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with continuing to promote mask wearing until vaccination is done and dusted. We’ve been at it a year, it’s not a big deal and better safe than sorry. No?

5 Likes

I’ll still be wearing one. Complacency will be our enemy.

Oh dear…

Some rumours monday sanctions will be getting put back.

#hugsafely

Is this actually true, Josh?

Can’t see owt on the BBC news website mate

1 Like

Yeah couple of outlets have reported it. Independent and the Evening Standard I saw.

Lockdown Part 3 or Part 4 depending where you are in the UK incoming?

Its on the app pal

1 Like

No change here apart from Moray and Glasgow remaining in Level 3 when the rest of the country moves to Level 2.

England must be the same?

The army are going to be on the streets handing out tests in Bolton. That’s really odd. I don’t think, even at the absolute height of the pandemic the army were as involved as that.

Boris didn’t really say much. Said vaccines for the vulnerable will be accelerated and that if the Indian variant is significantly more transmissible then we’ll have to make some “hard choices”.

4 Likes

I would like to see what happens with hospitalisations in the next few weeks.

But again, Boris not stopping travel from and to India showing to be an inpired choice :ozil:

@Jules that’s fair enough. I think if you’re wearing it to feel safe, that’s up to you.

If you’re wearing it as a fashion or political statement, what are you doing?

Also I think there is an element of having faith in the vaccinations. If you believe in vaccines, and believe these work, as I do - then I’m here to tell you that if you’ve had both doses you can unmask inside in uncrowded settings at least, if not unmask everywhere.

2 Likes

This is scary. We have an even more supercharged version spreading like wild fire and lots of stories of even the young getting very sick from India.

Instead of jumping right on this Boris is twiddling his thumbs until too late. By the time we have the evidence it will be too late if the evidence proves it’s as bad as may be feared.

This guy never learns and he risks another big lockdown as a result. A stitch in time saves 9 as my grandmother used to say!!!

4 Likes
1 Like

Had my second jab yesterday. No after effects. Going the gym this morning.

7 Likes

Ah I see. Paving the way to blame the public.

4 Likes

You guys ar out of your mind if you are allowing travel with India.