Coronavirus

They have been. But people can easily bypass it if they have common sense.

Fly to a country with no Brazil red list and who aren’t on the UK list -> fly to UK.

This is where the gov have to be smarter.

Dream on. Airports be like this next week:

3 Likes

Well we’ve came full circle now lads we are back in March :joy:

Love the 14 day to slow the spread 1 year later :rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t think our government did well on this early on but at least they got their act together on vaccines.

I had very mixed feelings and a number of regrets about leaving the EU but not on this. With Macron saying the AZ vaccine was quasi ineffective, many in Europe now refusing to use the doses they have and then the slowness of EU procurement and approvals in getting off the mark. All makes them look like a bureaucratic, incompetent shambles. Can’t believe they made a fuss and tried to nick our AZ doses a few weeks back only to fail to use them all when they did get them.

People like Macron just pouring oil on the fire and his comments actually costing lives. Makes him not much better than Trump and his Capitol rioters.

Hope it’s sorted out this Summer though so we can go on our hols again come Autumn time. While I despair of EU bureaucracy and politicking at times I do love visiting the EU nations - bloody lovely places compared with overcrowded, over stressed, rainy Britain. Dreaming of a tapas and sherry/beer/wine in October in a place like Seville in the meantime.

5 Likes

At least you all have dates for a potential way out to look forward to, we have fuck all apart from going back to tier 3 if we are lucky ffs

Sick of it now

Wanted to read up on the UK sequencing behemoth and thought I’d share.

Amazing stuff. It’s funny, everything that has been left to the professionals in their field has gone really well.

Everything given to crony mates or donors who know nothing and have no expertise about the job they have been given has gone badly.

If only we let the health protection teams in the country deal with test and trace, like they have done for every disease before (let them scale up as needed for covid), then that wouldn’t be such a disaster.

1 Like

Thank fuck! :joy:

1 Like

Getting your hair cut and free train rides. What more do you want Cal.

1 Like

To me this would just be another form of ID

Don’t understand why people complain about it so much

Well under the Nuremberg law it would class as coercion, and a breach of body autonomy and human rights.

How about that part

1 Like

Because it indirectly makes something that is supposed to be voluntary, involuntary. Our government says one thing, but their actions something else.

For the record I’m not an anti-vaxxer, I’ll be taking it. But I get why there is some suspicion.

4 Likes

I’m just very easy going

I couldn’t give a fuck :joy:

2 Likes

Some countries are talking about using it for going out for a drink as an example.

You’re young, atleast definitely in the last category to get double vaccinated. Whilst everyone older is out enjoying themselves you’ll be inside wishing for a hair cut, wishing for a pint whilst all the old people post smug cringe tik toks onto your feed.

You’d be fuuuuuuummmming

1 Like

Tbh if it’s how we get back to normal I’d accept it

1 Like

You can keep your body autonomy and just not get on an airplane. Simples.

2 Likes

Wtf is body autonomy?

Was just playing :wink: idgaf either, can’t wait to do stuff again

1 Like

My body my choice :smirk: