Coronavirus

Absolute fucking idiot.

To be honest Contagion got a shit ton of things right, so I havenā€™t got a problem if the film inspired Hancock to be more aggressive in vaccine procurement lol

1 Like

Itā€™s the fact he can state shit like this and not be ripped apart when we have a 100 000 dead that annoys the fuck out of me on this.
The BBC reinventing these pricks as regular people. Just fuck off.

I really thought that was a parody account when I read that, amateur stuff.

2 Likes

Pre Programming us ?

Thoughts?

Harmless if done appropriately with a very limited scope but the potential for abuse is high

1 Like

Iā€™m so confused , in general I thought vaccines donā€™t stop you getting the illness so what difference does the vaccine have to travelling you could very well still be a carrier no?

David help me.

2 Likes

Even heard someone from the government saying that no one could have predicted mutations.

They even had a mutation in ā€œContagionā€, which Hancock referenced :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Spanks,

Depends on the kind of vaccine. The COVID one appears to be a live, attenuated strain (which means the body will be prompted to produce antibodies to COVID). Now, naturally, that would mean the body is triggered into an immune response. Vasodilatation causing a fever and a blocked nose, for example.

The main bone of contention I have is leading researchers saying the current vaccine protects against future mutated strains. They say the vaccine targets the general virus anyway, so mutated strains would fall under this, too. Iā€™m sceptical. I think we could have said that about the flu vaccine as well, but it wouldnā€™t be true. The protein coat of the virus changes in a mutation. If we have had a vaccine for an ā€œolderā€ version of COVID, I donā€™t see how the antibodies weā€™ve developed as a result of the vaccine can bind with the newer, mutated strain. As scary as it sounds, I feel like the newer strain can run wild.

There is also the argument about if weā€™ve already had COVID- do we still need the vaccine? I wouldnā€™t want the vaccine if itā€™s going to be a virulent strain within it, only to experience the same symptoms I have now (for no reason, seemingly)

Iā€™d like to think that a holiday to Denmark would work if the Danish authorities are satisfied with an old email from gov.uk detailing that said individual has already had coronavirus.

1 Like

Spanks is asking whether a vacinnated person can be a carrier before the antibodies eradicate the virus from the system?

1 Like

Thanks dude, more questions.

They say the vaccines are 60 to 90% effectiveā€¦ which means ( I think ) that thereā€™s a chance it doesnā€™t work properly on an individual. Isnā€™t that a risk then saying oh hey this guy can travel his vaccinated.

Sorry dude :man_facepalming:

I blame my COVID symptoms.

Do you mean like an asympomatic but COVID positive patient?

This part hereā€¦ do you still have covid and can you still transmit it

Cue the hysteria in Melbourne, a hotel quarantine worker from one of the Australian open hotels has tested positive to Coronavirus.

3 Likes

Time to get into your little cage my friend :wink: hahaha

1 Like

Most definitely a risk, yes. Said person may fall into the 10% who arenā€™t protected.

2 Likes

Regardless
I believe the vaccine assist the immune system to combat the virus but it doesnā€™t really make us non susceptible to be a potential carrier of the virus for atleast initial days.
Am I right?

1 Like

He has only made masks mandatory in all indoor settings and cut household guests from 30 to 15 at this stage, but in Australia we all know how quickly that can change, could be radius rules bought in by 10am.

1 Like

The pictures of crowds at the Australian Open I saw recently would suggest something about your countryā€™s approach is working pretty well. I donā€™t think you realise how comparatively lucky you actually are mate.

6 Likes