Coronavirus

Border quarantine is our way out of lockdown but our shit leaders aren’t willing to do it

So that’s 6 now.

It was my mistake to prejudge Russia’s vaccine as being shit before proof, but then they said it worked before doing the trials which isn’t ideal.

But anyways, another great success.

1 Like

Very interesting.

Part of the Danish vaccine strategy rollout is to vaccinate 15-29 years as a priority group ahead of other because they transmit the virus the most but there was questions about how smart that was because we didn’t know whether the vaccine would help prevent transmission.

Looks like this is the kind of evidence they want to hear in Denmark!

1 Like

Hancock an absolute arsehole today refusing to answer the border question today.
BBC let it ride as usual though.

1 Like

Firstly, thank you all for your well wishes over the last few days, be it on here or privately. It’s much appreciated and it’s lovely to feel a part of the community, so a heartfelt thank you.

I’m slowly on the mend. I’m still off work and perhaps reasonably so. I still feel a tummy upset (which isn’t in keeping with normal COVID symptoms) and a headache that comes and goes. Hopefully, I’ll be in better shape come Friday.

My take home message to all of you (with no exceptions) would be this. Keep as safe as possible. I know the mere utterance of this phrase is enough to knock us bandy now, but I’ve seen first hand how important it is. I wouldn’t want any of you to feel how I was for the first 24-48 hours of this virus.

@Aussiegooner @ryaninho @mhappy I know you’re sceptical about this and to some degree, understandably so (I’m unsure as to how I’ve contracted this, for example) but please keep doing what you’re doing to keep safe.

@giner @MO_OA49 @JohnnyH with underlying health concerns, just keep indoors as much as possible and I cannot stress the importance of hand sanitation enough.

Again, all of you, let’s try and beat this together. Take care :blush:

22 Likes

Dave despite my thoughts on covid I’m really glad you’re ok mate, you’re a top bloke and I’m glad you’re on the road to recovery.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, fingers crossed that things keep moving in that direction and you’re soon fighting fit again (hopefully fully free from any lingering long Covid effects)

5 Likes

Yeah echoing what Aussie and Jakey said, good to have you back and I hope you get back to feeling as normal and healthy as possible ASAP

3 Likes

Yes yes bredrin :facepunch:t5::heart:

3 Likes

Ryanair advert pulled now. Jab and go. Misleading information been criticised. Horrible industry and proved themselves totally self driven throughout this crisis.

4 Likes

Glad to have you back and that you’re feeling a bit better. :grinning:

2 Likes

Honestly this guy has had so much airtime in this pandemic as if he’s some kind of expert.

I can understand him going on TV and highlighting how crippling this is to his industry but he’s just being given platforms to spread false propaganda about how safe it is. Whenever I’ve seen him talk he has a certain Faragite way about him that makes it seem like he’s someone whos straight talking and knows what he’s talking about which is really dangerous.

3 Likes

Yeah Michael O’Leary come across as a right prick.
Calling for all flight restrictions lifted when over 50s are vaccinated.
No thought given to how the vaccine will work out or how other countries situations will be.

1 Like

it doesn’t stop transmission

1 Like

I’d still be vary because it’s Oxford saying the Oxford vaccine is great (I’ll have to look at the trial data) but it’s encouraging for sure

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah he does on a Wednesday for the soundbites.
Won’t hear fuck all now for another week.

4 Likes
4 Likes

And still allowed to be involved in such an important part of the system. Incredible.

2 Likes

Here we go again

1 Like