Coronavirus

I think the thinking is that if you vaccinate enough people around the same time then you can break the chains of infection.

But I don’t think anyone is sure immunity won’t last as long. In ther article from what I see they are speculating on that.i suppose we will know more on this as the months and years go by.

Imo it would be really unlikely that after getting vaccinated, you will get the severe ‘going to hospital’ style Covid (unless immunosuppressed etc.)

My point is that it’s great we are now vaccinating so many people in the UK.

But that natural herd immunity through infecting people as part of a flu strategy was an awful decision. It’s easy to say in hindsight and I wasn’t as against it at the time because I didn’t know much about it.

But now, from what we do know, this is a mental strategy and we should be pushing really hard for elimination - that’s the only way back to some form of normality.

Letting it run through, or trying to ‘seal off’ vulnerable people while getting everybody else sorted doesn’t work and only leads to disruption and death. As shown here and in Manaus as per the article.

I don’t think the gov realised how many people in the country are ‘vulnerable’ and ‘shielding’.

We could never be sorted if we have to make them stay in cocoons to protect them.

We just have to beat the shit out of this virus.

At least the Chinese are apparently becoming less keen on their homeopathic medicine bullshit. Maybe less rare animals will be killed from now on and less horrible diseases unleashed on the population.

4 Likes

Also there’s this excellent explanation that means immunity should still be intact @SpankyJoyJoy

I want to add to this in terms of vaccine sideffects. Now a lot of the symptoms of many infections arent necessarily caused by the virus itself, but the body’s response to it.

Like, say hepatitis. The virus itself just wants to make more copies of itself, that’s what it wants to do.

But the body wants to get that virus the fuck out and will do anything to achieve that - causing inflammation, fevers, damage. Sometimes that means you get a bull in a chinashop situation where the immune response causes a lot of collateral damage to combat the virus.

We are seeing some of that with Covid. The virus causing a huge immune response like a US friendly fire carpet bomb on the lungs, or overwhelming fever.

So it makes sense that you get some fever or aches and pains when you inject a weaker version of the virus (vaccine) into yourself.

The aches and pains, fever, is the body dealing with the viral proteins, causing some inflammation. And that means some people get a fever or aches and pains.

I hope that helped.

6 Likes

Just to be clear…you are saying there can be side effects? :thinking:

I love we have a few people that have knowledge about this on OA. top work gents @Electrifying @DavidHillier

3 Likes

Yes, mild side effects.

But technically it’s the effect, if you get me. Like what it’s supposed to do. That can affect some people worse than others.

2 Likes

Exactly this, yes.

Live, attenuated versions of vaccines will naturally present side effects.

It’s why @RockyMaivia said his mum used to suffer from side effects back in the day but not so much recently (due to it now being an inactivated strain in the quadrivalent and trivalent versions)

3 Likes
1 Like

Coronavirus killing people in Norway :grimacing::grimacing: Did it get approved too quickly?

Hope you made use of that being your last free article mate

I sure did, here I am informing you all of potentially deadly side effects of the Corona vaccine!

3 Likes
1 Like

Fucking shut the border you absolute scum cunts

All or nothing. Travelling people don’t just come direct from Brazil do they.
Fucking nonsense blanket ban the lot. We start giving vaccine out and don’t give it the best conditions for working. Dickheads as usual reacting after the fact every time.

4 Likes

HERE WE FUCKING GO

1 Like

Do they get checked this end too.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how they manage to screw this up.

6 Likes
2 Likes

See that’s what I would rather.

And if the infrastructure isn’t there, I’d begin taking some away from carehomes.

Focus in carehomes now should be vaccination more than routine testing.

Numbers will now go down as we are in lockdown. And eventually most infections will be those from outside the country so more routine testing should be concentrated there.

And I’m talking about the PCR testing with the swabs rammed up the nose, not this POS other thing.

1 Like

This should’ve happened sooner. Way back in first lockdown. Leave it as last resort. That’s how they’ve been dealing with it.

2 Likes