Coronavirus

You’d be surprised. I saw loads of people doing it round here. One pub used to serve pints with a lid on and a straw, lol, and they would often have a queue, especially around Christmas time. There is this little square just off the high street that has lots of benches, people would often get a pint and gather there.

6 Likes

Only time I drank outside in the winter was at the Christmas Markets and that’s because it was a good atmosphere etc

2 Likes

Quick two pence on the flu jab, the first time my mother received it she had some mild symptoms which subsided after a couple days. These days she receives flu jab with no issues.

I had thought this was known knowledge.

4 Likes

Tbh don’t know about England but it’s actually illegal to drink in public in Scotland depending on where you live.

You can only do it in pub beer gardens

Every year I get it the person given it says if you get xyz just take paracetamol and it will go in a day or two.

Its the only reason why I said it haha

Starmer done his visual soundbite for the week then.
Tune in next week for his next instalment.

Nah mate, that can’t be true, apparently we are all just “flexing” on Dave and bullying him, can’t be the case that some of us literally know people who have had side effects, like the person I actually live with who had a flu jab recently.

Sigh.

3 Likes

Your other half chat shit

My partner had side effects too dude. Dunno what you’re chatting sit back down fella

Didnt say bullying either really did I… sheeeeeesh. So cringe

1 Like

Watch out, someone might say she’s talking shit there.

1 Like

Watch out some ego twats are going to all chime in soon and all post the same post and like it because they’re cutesey

1 Like

@Stroller @SpankyJoyJoy

The side effect thing works out to being a pain, which we, as healthcare professionals, fight tooth and nail to dissuade.

If 10 patients said they got a fever (from an inactivated strain of a flu jab, no less :roll_eyes:) then it’s gotta be reported through the normal legal channels (Yellow Card Scheme, the MHRA, which disseminates to the BNF and NICE).

Those 10 patients, in theory, shouldn’t be getting a fever from such a strain. Legally, NHS have got to put it on their website.

The only major reaction should be the eczematous skin reactions, but that could stem from poor administration (not in the deltoid, etc)

7 Likes

Thanks for your post man, its good that its your job, maybe next time when we need someone to tell us how to lift a weight up or do some paperwork or live in daddies seaside home we will ask the others

6 Likes

Could getting a vaccine in theory make you more susceptable to other viral infections as your immune is focused on developing anti bodies?

In essence, no.

When we’re infected by any (well, most) viruses, we get the first exposure and then we get the secondary immune response. This secondary immune response is what I find fascinating about the human body. T-memory cells will know exactly what virus has attacked us before and, if we do happen to encounter that same virus, the secondary immune response will ensure that we aren’t even aware of the exposure.

It’s why we can’t get infected by the same cold twice, or chickenpox twice and why it’s taken a mutated strain of COVID to bring us all to our knees.

Now, this response is disparate to whatever we may encounter next. It’s another fascinating evolutionary development of the human body. Our T-memory cells for the cold we suffered from in winter 2017 (for the sake of argument) will stay there. If we get COVID now, it will not affect or deplete those cells. I tend to liken it to the human brain- if we learnt to drive tomorrow, it doesn’t mean we’ll forget how to swim.

14 Likes

Nice post

1 Like

This reminds me of this iconic arsenal twitter tweet :arteta:

12 Likes

These restrictions make me laugh every time, theyre so fucking stupid it blows me mind.

I love the fact you’re not allowed to sit down for a rest during a walk, but im allowed to go to a site with 100 people on it and the tiny canteen is allowed 15 people with no masks inside.

You’ve fucked up, close everything down for 2 weeks start again. And actually think about preparing the fucking hospitals for the winter next time? I dunno maybe just use your brains for once you dickheads. NHS needs a big reshuffle in the management sector because they’re thick as shit as well.

5 Likes

Yeah mate me too. Im in contact with 350 to 500 people a day in a mail centre.
Im on an industrial state with big workforces at Amazon, Hermes and the Hut group who sort cosmetics.
Car sharing and public transport from all over different regions. Could and should be cut right back. Farcical as you say.

3 Likes

Is league being postponed?