Coronavirus

Tempered tbh because of what it’s going too cost us as a country future wise.
Very happy though at the thought of people at least coming through the other side.

Fair :joy:

2 Likes

Chris Whitty has been the only guy that has made all these briefings semi-bareable to listen to.

2 Likes

With 4,000 fans allowed in the Emirates in a few weeks time season ticket holders will be drawing lottery tickets to see who can avoid an award of a match day seat.

7 Likes

Neatly put the onus possible blame on the public tonight though on the future of the virus over Christmas.

It’s super exciting. If governments can get their messaging right and budgeting right (or just make those money printers go brrrrr) we can pull together and get through the winter.

Maybe it’s because I always analogize everything to distance running but this feels like we can see a huge hill ahead of us but we know that on the other side is the finish line.

1 Like

7 Likes

I don’t know who Mollie Goodfellow is but imagine if that was a man talking about punching women on the arm after they’ve had their jab.

Who said they were men.

It’s just a joke about her being a bully you have read it way to much lol

4 Likes

Surely a play on words on “jolly good fellow”, no?

1 Like

I think you’ve misread that tweet entirely and leaped to the conclusion of there being a double standard here when there isn’t one.

Its a joke, she’s saying that Priti Patel will be punching her colleagues like kids did at school when we got vaccines, because she’s a bully. She isn’t proposing anyone punches Priti Patel.

2 Likes

I’m linking a Scottish news website but I’m sure they agreed to make this UK wide

What a joke.

On the left is England’s Covid strategy on the right is Scotland’s.

We’re so close to the end, and just have to hang in there for a wee bit longer. But now let’s fuck things up a little because we’re scared of pissing off the yoons and mail readers.

Nice.

1 Like

Christmas isn’t dead!!!

Who gives a shit if there’s another lockdown in January. It’s a shit month where no one spends any money anyway, it’s traditionally the lowest earning month in almost all industries and sectors, the damage done to the economy will be negligible in the grand scheme of things. Might as well lockdown for it.

This has been a shit year that has damaged people and families in countless ways, let’s at least let people have a nice time and see friends and family and have some sort of normalcy for a short period. We need the kind of bright spot that a Christmas with loved ones can provide, for mental health and morale.

A fresh start in January 2021 wouldn’t happen anyway, you’ll still get the January blues you just won’t have had the joy of a Christmas to soften it.

2021 doesn’t start until the vaccine gets a large scale role out anyway.

I’ve never felt the January blues or got depressed because it was January haha. Is it actually a thing?

I’ve still went out in January all the time its no different from the other 11 months

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a real thing for a lot of people.

Suicides and mental health disorders go up, spending is down etc.

1 Like

Ironically that’s probably a hangover from the pressures of Xmas.

2 Likes

So you know this, yet you’re suggesting a month long lockdown will be fine?

5 Likes

I’ve thought it would be the other way about and people would be happy for a fresh new year not be depressed about it

Nobody should be getting January blues next year surely :joy:

It’d be fine if mental health was the real reason behind it, and not keeping some right wing columnists happy.

I can see your mental health also being worse in January if you’re burying a family member because you passed around the virus during christmas, not able to speak to them or see them in their final days…

Can’t just kill off grandpa in December and bring him back in January.

1 Like