Coronavirus

I haven’t looked too much into it, but we’re going back to a tiered system, so I assume it’ll be the same as before this lockdown, where, for example, you can only travel into tier 3 for work.

High court of our capital city Delhi in India declined state request for another implementation of lockdown in Delhi.

“Is it the only solution?” asked the court.

Could ask mhappy for you.:kissing:

1 Like

I know it’s the company’s website but this is a much more informative piece. Since that BBC article basically copied and pasted this, they could have linked it in their article…

Positive high-level results from an interim analysis of clinical trials of AZD1222 in the UK and Brazil showed the vaccine was highly effective in preventing COVID-19, the primary endpoint, and no hospitalisations or severe cases of the disease were reported in participants receiving the vaccine. There were a total of 131 COVID-19 cases in the interim analysis.

One dosing regimen (n=2,741) showed vaccine efficacy of 90% when AZD1222 was given as a half dose, followed by a full dose at least one month apart, and another dosing regimen (n=8,895) showed 62% efficacy when given as two full doses at least one month apart. The combined analysis from both dosing regimens (n=11,636) resulted in an average efficacy of 70%. All results were statistically significant (p<=0.0001). More data will continue to accumulate and additional analysis will be conducted, refining the efficacy reading and establishing the duration of protection.

An independent Data Safety Monitoring Board determined that the analysis met its primary endpoint showing protection from COVID-19 occurring 14 days or more after receiving two doses of the vaccine. No serious safety events related to the vaccine have been confirmed. AZD1222 was well tolerated across both dosing regimens.

1 Like

We might get a normal Euro 2020 :raised_hands: I want to watch us with a pint with my mates. C’mon :pray:

2 Likes

How excited are you on a scale of 1 to :tierney2: for Euros now that you qualified? Please limit your answer to 500 words and no more than 5 gifs.

1 Like

I don’t want to brake the OA Servers mate

If the servers can handle @DavidHillier 's horrendous puns, I think they’ll withstand your excitement.

I can’t even remember where the Euros are taking place next summer? France? England?

2 Likes

They can’t. That’s why @Bl1nk is doing updates every five minutes.

5 Likes

At the minute everywhere.

We are playing our games games in Glasgow !

Didn’t realize OA was such a rickety operation. Should have known. After all @Bl1nk built this place in a cave with a box of scraps.

2 Likes

Boris gonna address the nation at 7pm. Tune in for 8.45pm guys :+1:

3 Likes

That’s true.

He’s doing them so frequently that if you blink, you’ll miss it.

I thought the AstraZeneca vaccine was a single dose?

One small dose then a further dose later gives you 90 percent. Was on the news earlier they explained it very well

2 Likes

Ahh ok I see, so it’s basically the same as the Pfizer and MODERNA ones then.

I was hoping that the AZ vaccine was a cheeky one hitter.

We aren’t out the woods yet by a long shot but is anyone else finding this exciting?

It’s like Ornstein (the scientists) just announced we have agreed a fee for Mbappe (vaccine) and we are just waiting for arsenal (the government) to announce its happened

2 Likes

I am excited for 2022 yes

1 Like

Stadiums full of fans for the world cup hopefully!

1 Like

This analogy was worse than the actual pandemic.

9 Likes