Coronavirus

I think going for a persons household still isn’t allowed until November 1 ? Other than that you’re correct.

YOLO - will still do it ha.

1 Like

Seems typical of Southall!

We are getting tiers aswell

No deal reached with Manchester area. Government going too have to lmpose restrictions up there now. Lose more confidence by them people now and resentment levels rise and measures will get ignored by a percentage. Useless pricks.

First, where did I say no one should go out for a drink? I said people need to be responsible and adhere to the regulations. That means have a drink with only the number of people permitted and social distancing from others. I was criticising those out in the streets shoulder to shoulder and ignoring all the current regulations. I have no issue with people go out and following the rules in place.

How is this relevant? I never said I was going against the rules. I said I hope that the rules in place allow me to visit.

Again, I have made adjustments. I follow the rules. I’m just hoping that the rules don’t change so I can complete my drivering test and that the rules improve so that I can visit family. Again, nowhere did I say I was going to break the rules. The various regulations have caused chaos in so many ways. It sucks and I feel sorry that some are having difficulty receiving services they need. If I could change it I would.

You want to talk about making adjustments and adapting. My son had a mild fever and headache one weekend. I kept him home for a week and half as we both tried to keep working. Stressing because I couldn’t get him tested and he was well and full of energy on Monday. I know parents who have sent their kids back to school at that point. But I followed regulations and kept him home until he was tested. He went back once the negative results came back. I cancelled everything we had on as well. His vax appointment, my flu jab, my physio, my outdoot bootcamp class, etc. Wanting the best case scenario isn’t a crime. Breaking the covid laws in place at the time is.

Never did I call people who wanted to live selfish and stupid. READ everything, not just what you want to. I said those who are out breaking the rules in place are selfish and stupid. They are. I will not break the rules to go visit family. I’m hoping that the rules in place at the time we hope to travel will enable us to go. For further reference, there was something in place previously where family could come to Ireland to be with family. I was referring to something like that being in place again. If it were, we could legally go and stay for a prlonged period of time. Again, if the rules allowed.

Frankly, your respons is a bit self-righteous. Again, READ exactly what I wrote instead of putting words into my mouth. There is nothing selfish about wanting a lower regulation in place. What is selfish is ignoring regulations and doing as you please. These are two completely different things. And our wish to travel and be with family has actually nothing to do with Christmas other than the number of days off from work. We can work from there, so we could go whenever regulations allow, but it would be nice to have a longer period of downtime.

Next time to remember to keep things in context. If people follow the rules in place, then I’m all for it. But when someone knows they’ve been in contact with someone with Covid and then they procede to go out and about before their results come back, which is AGAINST the rules in place, I do have a problem with it. If someone is going out or traveling within the rules, then by all means, continue.

1 Like

5 Likes

Lost a region of the country on this Johnson. Pretty much going too be anarchy on people’s outlook of restrictions now.

Think you answered your own question mate

1 Like

Not directly pandemic related, and I was gonna post it in the Tory thread, but I think it fits nicely with your tweet from James Felton now that I’ve read it.

Sooner people realise that this government is particularly corrupt and nasty the better, this bunch of fucking cunts (almost) make me long for the days of Cameron, Osborne et al.

In my twenties I thought there could be no bigger bunch of cunts, what a naive fool I was.

Boris Johnson is an absolute charlatan and it’s a sign of the state of this country today and its politics that this fraud ever made it to be Prime Minister, he’s an absolute fucking joke and in more sensible times wouldn’t get a sniff of this job.

8 Likes

But The Daily Telegraph reports that Scotland will have five tiers. This will include one stricter tier than the toughest restrictions under the English system, as well as a “Tier Zero”, where things can go back to normal.

Tier Zero is the dream :heart_eyes:

Tier 6 - we will bottle the air and make you live in a vacuum.

1 Like

IMG-20201021-WA0000

Gyms been allowed to reopen in Liverpool now after the debacle of allowing other areas too open last week.
Hopefully this becomes the norm now. Need people to abide by the rules in their now. Fed up of seeing some not wipe stuff down after use.

This is an extremely long read and I’m not exaggerating haha but I thought this was excellent.

Boris Johnson understanding what devolved powers was and how during a health crisis he’s effectly only Prime Minister of England was a glorious highlight of it :arteta:

The idea of a normal Christmas is a “fiction” and Scots should prepare for digital celebrations, national clinical director Jason Leitch has said.

The government has insisted that the latest Covid-19 restrictions are having an impact on the spread of the virus.

But Mr Leitch told BBC Scotland there was “absolutely no question” of a “normal” Christmas being allowed.

If people have always wanted a Christmas in their house and not have to go out they now have an excuse haha

3 Likes

One thing I like about Scotland is they seem happy to destroy all hope and expectation among their people.

In England I think once eat out to help out and get back to the office it’ll be grand happened that basically set the expectation that everything was getting better and we were over the worst and people changed their behaviour after that.

I wish theyd come out now and just say forget about Christmas it’s going to be shit. That’ll probably be happening on about the 6th of December now.

5 Likes

They’ll still be arguments and chocolates.

1 Like