Coronavirus

2 Likes

Course it is, no one can get treatment in time.

After my friend being diagnosed with cervical cancer, I rung up my doctor’s surgery to rebook my cancelled smear test and was told they’re only doing high risk patients and to ring back next year. Next bloody year!

2 Likes

No but 2021 will still be better. Can’t get any worse :joy:

1 Like

Who gives a fuck about that fat arsed bint, seriously

5 Likes

We’re back to Level 5 in Rep of Ireland at Wednesday Midnight. Better play safe then risking more lives. We just completely messes things up over here. Not a big fan though of schools remaining opening though.

My biggest pet peeve about Level 5 is when doing shopping, what would be a 15 minute visit to the shops, it takes up to 2 hours with only a certain amount allowed into the supermarket. I know I shouldn’t moan but Just allow me to have a little moan lol.

I know that’s how it was in the early lock down but I think shops have gotten better at it now. Any Lidl, Aldi or Tesco I’ve been in the last few months have their traffic light systems in place and I’m not sure they have stricter rules on numbers allowed in based on level 5.

1 Like

I remember the first time I went to Tesco during the last lockdown, I think I was in line for nearly 2 hours and other times weren’t that far off it either, I once decided to go early as I thought I beat the traffic but nope people had the same idea lol. I think I have a fair Idea of what I do now, but at the time it was crazy.

The Tesco I go too, had it well run but it’s a tough slog. You line up outside the shopping centre, a dozen people are called in by security, which could be up to half a hour before you get in. You line up then on the first level of the Shopping Centre which could be 40 to 50 minutes, as you slowly move around the line. Then you move up to the second level, then you are allowed in maybe 10 at a time into Tesco. Most times you be in Tesco for like 20 minutes but you could be lining up for 2 hours. I learned that going early in the week, shaved off 30 minutes from the lining up at least.

I have a feeling it will go back to that same strict way of doing it, hopefully this time they make it a easier journey to getting in.

Is it the entire country or just high Covid areas? I’m so hoping that once I pass my driving test that we can make the drive over to Achill, but of course that does man driving through Dublin and across the country. Hoping to stay there for 4-6 weeks and be there for Christmas. Tried to get a flight sooner bu Aer Lingus kept delaying restarting flights and getting to Luton is a nightmare without a car and I hate Ryan Air.

Fingers crossed we can make it to my inlaws. It’s hearbreakinf listening to my 3 year old cry for his grandparents. And they are also really missing us all. We’ve never gone this long without a visit.

1 Like

That sounds mental. Granted the local Tesco for me is the biggest in the country but there has been basically none of that.

@k1tsun3 it’s the whole country. Due to end Dec 1st.

1 Like

Do you think it will be lifted on the 1st Dec? That’s essentially when we are looking to travel.

Need to do some reading to see how returning to be with family is looked at. What bloody mess this all is.

Hang on. No offence, but you said this, right?

And you called people who want to live rather than just survive, selfish and stupid, right?

At the moment because of zero deaths in my area for the last month I am not able to get a smear test to test for actual cancer and I can’t get a check up which will prescribe me more of a medication I need and I also can’t visit my mum who lives half hour up the road. You say in one breath that people should make the adjustments and then also say you want to have your driving test and visit family in a different country.

Maybe you’re a little selfish too. No crime in that by the way, everyone is. But you shouldn’t be so patronising of people who simply go out for a drink and keep the economy open, because for some people going out and seeing people can actually save their lives! That could be as important to their mental health as a driving test. That’s their freedom. You want all these people to basically behave themselves and go out of their minds so that you can go and spend time in Ireland.

Yes I know the scene Cristo described is worse that going to see family. But all his scenes are more dramatic than everyone else’s reality. And seeing family is still against the rules. Even if the rules are crappy.

Sorry if I sound rude. I’m just sick of people being so righteous about lockdown, but then being like “oh but as long as I can do this
” yeah as long as you get a nice Christmas, hey? The rest of us will just bang our head against the wall!

1 Like

More harsher? What is left to take away?! :joy:

1 Like

Is there actually a governement out there that handled this crisis correctly ? Because all i’m seeing is more or less the same measures being taken everywhere.

2 Likes

Gonna be a cluster fuck I reckon. Going to have areas that still need it and areas that dont.

Yeah it’s been alarming that the collective mindset hasn’t looked much better than most others.
Germany look slightly better lead but nothing substantial enough as a game changing way.

1 Like

They’ll blame Irn Bru next

Blame irn bru?

I don’t get it :joy:

No you’re not :joy:

How’s the vibe in the UK atm?

Feels like everyone of my friends is basically got the blinkers on and adhering to the (complex/confusing) laws in place?

It’s peculiar how everyone is just see-sawing out/in of lockdown; we had 1 case today, and everything (aside from takeaway and essentials) is closed.

Melbourne has been in lockdown for longer than Wuhan; albeit our total cases for the entire year has been 20,000 (900 deaths).

As of yesterday, we can now:

• visit one other household in the park
  • go to one other persons house (only allowed to have two household groups in the one household).
  • visit beyond 5km to 25km now.

Come Nov 1:

• Outdoor dining opens
  • Sports allowed to be played
  • Retail opens
  • Some normality
  • Masks mandatory

Looks like, somehow, we’ll actually have a covid-zero/normal Christmas.