Coronavirus

I really don’t understand you guys :man_facepalming:t5: If falling death rates don’t appease you then more testing will only make you more frightened (more testing more cases).

Covid 19 isn’t going away and it won’t just like its predecessors.

1 Like

Sigh

Sometimes it’s not all about the community individuals also have a choice in how their future should be shaped.

The U.K. government recorded SARS Covid 2 infection last year these things don’t go away.

The point of wanting people tested is for it to be in combination with a track and trace app so those people can isolate and be avoided, and so people can then isolate themselves after coming into contact with these people until they can get an all clear from being tested themselves. This will enable people to get back out into the work and behaving normally again and give them confidence that they’ll be appropriately alerted if it turns out that they do come into contact with someone who does have it.

Its got nothing to do with death rates or people needing to be appeased, that’s clearly not the point of why people want more testing. Are you wilfully missing the point here?

2 Likes

What other viruses do we track and trace for? Yet out lives went on normally without it.

So many deadly infectious virus that has been around for decades and no track and trace, but Covid 19 some how became the world’s deadliest one we need to track and trace :rofl:

1 Like

What other virus put the entire world to a standstill?

Do you not get bored of writing the same thing every day for 6 months?

No one cares or is listening lol

2 Likes

That’s the point!!!

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken we haven’t had hundreds of thousands of cases and tens of thousands of deaths in the UK from these other viruses, so that might go some way to explaining why there weren’t massive, expensive track and trace systems set up in this country.

Might be that, I dunno though, what do you reckon?

Yeah you really don’t this is a first.

According the lancet (government) TB is 55x more deadly no track and trace hepatitis b 40x more deadly no track and trace, pneumonia 30x more deadly; heck you don’t even hear about death rates on cases.

Average monthly deaths in this country is at 10,000, all of sudden daily counting of deaths became a thing.

2 Likes

You’re about my age, from London too, fairly deprived area (Brixton was it?), just like me. You didn’t get the BCG protecting us against TB back in your school days?

Unless you’re antivax of course, which would be a huge shock to all of us.

1 Like

So by your logic we never should’ve developed vaccines. Viruses have always been around, who cares about the side effects.

Right now death rates are down, but will that continue into the winter. Already so many die of flu, but add covid to the mix and you are creating the perfect environment for a shit storm.

It also goes beyond death rates. There are still people who are suffering from long-term covid, something we know very little about.

I have no trust in the gov or society. Frankly none of us want to catch this thing. So I’m keeping my distance because there are too many fuckers out there who are completely disregarding covid. I’m not saying lock yourself away, but be aware, be hygienic, be smart and take precautions - not throw caution to the window.

3 Likes

(Old Kent road) Southwark unlike Lambeth were big on getting all its schools the bcg so we got it.

Again, not all about death rates. Lots of people having long-term conditions from Covid. None of those things spread as fast as Covid. That is why so many have been so worried. The volume of infections was insane and it’s still crazy how quickly they have climbed again in places. If the number of those needing hospitalisation spikes, then the NHS will be overrun again. And this gov isn’t investing enough in the NHS.

Have read the governmental report on yearly viruses and deaths? Up until now nobody cared 10-20k people did of flu alone and that’s the honest truth of the matter so spare me; also the fact 10k people die on average every month nobody cared to look in to it, the situation is such that people are paranoid that this virus could anywhere and can kill them at anytime (ignoring the fact 99.8% recovery unheard of from a deadly virus).

Individuals should trust themselves and hold themselves accountable, trusting the government has never work at any point in the history of man let’s be honest. It is out of helplessness and self preservation people want tighter rules, vaccines, track and trace etc the definition of selfishness not altruism.

1 Like

Not every hospital was busy that was just blatantly untrue some places were but the fact is that just didn’t happen. The new hospitals they built for this crisis mostly unused. Literally after mid May hospitals could have reopened properly with some measures like my hospital.

1 Like

That was poor management of personnel and beds. It was not evenly spread across the country and still isn’t. We are now seeing different hotspots. I’m not believing things blindly and frankly tired of all the conspiracy theory bullshit out there. That mentality has landed some seemingly healthy young people in their grave. This especially true in the US with their stupid Covid parties.

1 Like