Coronavirus

Public sector workers outside of the NHS are fucking useless as a whole so I’m not really surprised.

No offence.

Young people in they graves lmao seriously the amount of young people that died of this virus is not even the hundreds you are just being hyperbolic now.

Trust me the nhs is no better you just don’t hear about it.

They save lives and don’t moan much so I cant really say that about them, although the management are fucking useless and i know that first hand. Never seen so much incompetence when I worked at Colchester Hospital.

Also in regards to tests dude, people need tests to get on with their lives, end of the day its still dangerous to older people, we need tests to make sure we are okay to do shit. Its so poorly done. Me and my partner are lucky enough that our dentist/hospital organised our tests for us a couple weeks ago, but i can imagine that being frustrating to others.

1 Like

Trust me last year the nhs was sued for almost millions I was shocked when I saw the figure at a medical conference.

Public sector workers can only implement the policies and legislation laid down for them by politicians. It’s a lazy stereotype that they (we) are useless.

The Covid payment over here went from a government decision to an online application and people getting their first payment in 8 days. And that’s with a weekend in between and the banks only being able to put money in people’s accounts two business days after we sent it.

When the politicians say jump we say how high, they just don’t actually give a fuck most of the time and deliberately complicate things.

2 Likes

@mhappy you yourself said this was the reason why so many people died in the first place.

Track and tracing is so difficult to do with this deadly virus, due to about half the people getting it being Asymptomatic, unless you want everyone getting tested every day with or without symptoms ?

You want us to ‘get back to normal’ yet you rubbish every method suggested to do just that, whether it’s track and trace, masks or a vaccine.

I don’t get it.

4 Likes

Track and trace I don’t mind, just saying it won’t be as successful as people hope due to every 2nd case in young people being Asymptomatic and it’s unrealistic to expect the population to get a covid test everyday.

1 Like

How many have died in the last month from coronavirus in the last month @mhappy?

But no one remotely expects tests every day. Track and trace properly done and with proper follow up testing as much as possible is about reducing instances dramatically, mainly through information.

Measles is tougher to contact trace because the R number for that can go as high as 15 yet people manage to trace that.

Public health professionals have been doing this stuff for decades.

It is tough, but it’s nothing that major. Scotland track and trace were catching 90% of cases.

why are you asking him ffs :rofl:

Yeah I understand the logic behind it, hence I said I don’t mind it, just won’t be as effective as people hoped, would help a lot everyone displayed symptoms.

It will be massively effective. If done correctly. Will it bring the virus to a complete half, no. But it’s not supposed to unless starting from an incredibly low base to begin with.

I’ll give NSW here credit they must be doing it rather effectively, they seem to have the economy running to some degree and are managing the virus pretty well through contact tracing.

In Victoria it must be a shambles though, 28 cases yesterday get government still want people locked up in homes and a 5km radius rule with curfews. Our contact tracing system must be woeful.

Leading scientists advising the UK government have proposed a two-week national lockdown in October to try to tackle the rising number of coronavirus cases.

I’m not locking down because some pompous idiots decide they wanted to go Ibiza. My company had to lay off a few people because of the down turn another lock down would mean more of the same.