Coming to terms with mental health issues

Oceans 8 is the all female one haha

1 Like

Tbf, Iā€™d be better on my own than with you lot :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What could be more useful than all of us? Surely someone here has useful skills like safecracking?

1 Like

You can be behind the scenes in case I need a lawyer. But everyone else is useless.

1 Like

Iā€™m super useful!

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™ll have to come to terms with mental health issues after Chelsea win a 2nd CL and we have a 2nd straight 8th placed finish.

3 Likes

Honestly Aussie why are u bothered? Reality is these clubs are just buying trophies. They are competing with like 5 or 6 clubs, the CL is nowhere near as impressive as it was in the 90s and early 00ā€™s. If you have Chelsea mates u can tell them that we laugh about this competition, it ainā€™t real with all the financial doping.

2 Likes

Yes I know itā€™s all financial doping etc but it still doesnā€™t make it any easier.

Does it take the gloss off a Lakers Championship for you ? Despite being run like a circus for 5 -6 years you get LBJ as a FA simply because youā€™re big market ?

1 Like

Care to expand on this? Then I can decide if you deserve a place on my team

Not really because we struggled for years and years attracting a top FA. Just cuz ur in a big market doesnā€™t mean u automatically get any player u want. Mind telling me the last big time FA the Knicks signed? And they are in the biggest market in the world.

It certainly helps though doesnā€™t it ? You canā€™t tell me when LBJ was a FA the lakers had a better core to challenge than say Portland or Utah ?

Only because weā€™d built a good foundation. We drafted Russell, Randle, Kuz, Ingram, Lonzo, Josh Hart, Clarkson. 3 of those doods are top notch role players, and a 6th man of the year. 3 have been all stars and 2 of them most improved player of the year. We put ourselves in that position it wasnā€™t given to us. Also donā€™t forget the 90s, languished as a mid tier playoff team after Kareem and Magic retired. Only when Jerry west pulled a coup and signed Shaq and then drafted Kobe did we reach the pinnacle again. You simply canā€™t compare a league with a salary cap to this football shit bruh.

1 Like

Iā€™ll believe that when a top free agent gives the Lakers the brush off to stay in Memphis. :arteta:

Edit: Remember when the league stepped in to void that Chris Paul trade?! Now that would have been a fun team to watch.

2 Likes

I can name a ton of FAs that refused usā€¦even when we had Kobe. Aldridge in his prime. Paul George, we traded for prime Dwight and he left Kobe. Just cuz ur LA doesnā€™t mean shit. I mean if that was the case Boston and the Knicks would be signing every good FA and they donā€™t ever get anyone.

1 Like

Ahh the Knicks donā€™t count. Theyā€™re cursed with a worse owner than we have. (Youā€™d probably like the podcast Shattered. Itā€™s all about how incompetent the Knicks are. It dives into The Decision and all that. Very good.)

1 Like

Ive been involved in some thread diversions but the NBA getting into this one is amongst the most bizarre :joy:

8 Likes

Stranger than the baklava one?

1 Like

Yea weird how we ever got onto Emi Martinez in the baklava thread really.

5 Likes

Point is you have an advantage is what Iā€™m getting at @BigWeng_4LYFE it isnā€™t a level playing field.

When was the last time a big FA joined Portland or Utah despite being consistent playoff teams ?

I agree with what youā€™re saying it is in no way as bad as it is in football though.

In Utahā€™s case they actually got Bogdonovic when the Lakers wanted him because we couldnt afford to pay him 18m a year. If thatā€™s football we cut a check and heā€™s on our team and we are stacked with 3 point shooters. But thereā€™s a salary cap so he went to Utah and heā€™s a reason they had the best record in the entire league this year. Please stop comparing the two sports they arenā€™t in the same stratosphere my dood.

The Celtics are tied with us as the most successful franchise of all time in the NBA and theyā€™ve only managed one chip in 35 years, meanwhile the smallest market around has 5 or 6, San Antonio. In fact the Spurs have beaten us to several FAā€™s in recent years. The NBA is a different beast.

1 Like