Coming to terms with mental health issues

The terminology is there already, as you demonstrated. We just don’t use it in the mainstream. It’s either you are depressed or you are not, and it’s just not that simple.

Osaka has withdrawn from the French Open.

1 Like

At least now, she won’t have to do any more interviews…

I understand why she didn’t just say that in the first place but it makes way more sense than the way the story was initially framed. Hopefully she gets the help she needs.

2 Likes

Okay fine do away with the press conference. People in general won’t be bothered. Realise though that advertising around the conference will be money taking out the pool.
The kit your being sponsored in will be less exposed money for you.
Now that’s fine if you’ve earned a net fortune of 25 million dollars but a lower seed who gets a good run or result in a tournament will be missing a big chance of earning a few quid and much needed exposure.

Bit like in football when managers moan about congested fixture lists and moan at tv companies.
Moan at your owners they signed the deal.

3 Likes

Lets be honest, most of us have pretty never watched a Tennis press conference. This makes zero difference to anyones life here. More power to her for doing what she thinks she needs to to take care of herself.

7 Likes

That’s because tennis is boring.

1 Like

Ever since Agassi retired aye.

Actually, I should be honest. I find tennis boring because I’m too dumb to follow the scoring.

1 Like

Good for her.

So, if none of us watches these press conferences, why the feck is she making such a big deal out of them…

2 Likes

I meant us as in OA, I’m sure someone watches em. Anyway, it’s about how she feels, not us.

The ons I feel sorry for now is the girl she beat in the first round, being beaten by someone who then quits before her next game must be really shit!

I was going through her Instagram yesterday before her statement came out and it seemed obvious she had mental health issues.

But she has shown clear lack of awareness of what would have happened if she made moves like that. She is young so I give her benefit of doubt but I expect her to have enough common sense to know that this was always going to be the talking point and the focus would be on her.
She should have either not entered or just be fine with taking the penalty throughout the tournament.

Withdrawing from the tournament has not taken the focus away from her and the tournament winner might have the same anxious doubts about her victory.

She needs better mentors.

She made the right choice for her.

1 Like

It’s no different than if she’d suffered an injury post game and whitdrew.

An update on this, days later and I’m still stressed and rarely slept with Friday night. Rung in again today and I’ve literally told them I’m just so drained and stressed. Turning my phone off now refuse to be dragged in again after this palaver. Never worked for a place that has treated me like this before and my coworkers agree

4 Likes

You need a change. Your entire issues lies within your work.
Stating the obvious haha

2 Likes

If my job was doing that to me, I would have already left. Even if that meant taking a pay cut.

It’s just not worth it.

1 Like