Chelsea

No luck at all for James. This sounds bad.

Maybe I’ll get hate for this but this reminds me a lot of Chamberlain. Players with that endomorph build seem to have bad luck with knee injuries.

Aguero is another one like that.

Wasn’t that the thing popping out of John Hurt in Alien?

2 Likes

State of that club.

How come players sign without speaking with the manager?

It’s not uncommon. Just because our guys did it doesn’t mean all do it.

Plenty of coaches meet players for the first time when they’re signed.

Tuchel and their new ownership didn’t seem particularly close.

I am personally not fan of such moves. I get it when it’s a unknown youngster that was taken in as a punt but randomly signing senior players Zakaria with minimal input from your manager doesn’t often end well.

When you have to top managers you better use their input to have the desired results.

1 Like

Any club who signs players without the managers involvement is run by complete turds.

Yeah maybe Mikel doesn’t need to meet Brazilian mark given he’s a 3m gamble but when you’re signing a CM on loan late in the window to cover injuries - you’d think the manager would have had the say on who it is ffs

Edit - lol didn’t read gc fully and just repeated what he said :man_facepalming:

Roman would never allow this…

1 Like

25 points from 17 games and only scored 20 goals.

You fucking useless cunts.

8 Likes

it’s fine, they can get their revenge and knock City out of the FA cup on Sunday. Also Lampard can do that thing where he wins a decent game once a month and knock out Man Utd as well.

Pave the way for our domestic double :sunglasses:

1 Like

Won a CL, no?

That’s the point. Btw, that’s a pretty old post. :sweat_smile:

Well they better bend over again for us

yeah i think he is a hilarious meme in that regard… that was an incredibly frustrating final to watch from what I recall too…

Eat shit Boehly and co. Seeing that dorky loser spend 260m and still have a team getting punked like little bitches is great. Long may it continue.

7 Likes

still buying defenders when his attack consists of auba that may score a goal once in 25 games and other scrubs that may turn up 1 game in 10.

The passing of Vialli reminded me of how many good likeable players Chelsea had at one point.

My father and brothers were Chelsea fans so growing up I had to watch a lot of Zola, Vialli, Desailly, Gullit, Wise, De Goey, Petrescu, Le Saux etc etc

Still crazy to think that Chelsea team had some seriously big names in it despite not being a traditional English football giant.

Desailly, Vialli and Gullit were huge names albeit all past their best but still really big names. Didn’t Vialli join the year he won the CL with Juventus? I’m not sure if Gullit came direct from Milan or whether he’d stopped off somewhere in between.

Vialli and Zola surely the two very biggest Italian players ever to play in England and both unsurprisingly the best too.

3 Likes

I think it was the start of the rise of Chelsea buying all these past their best players, I think it was a very astute move by the club setting the foundations for their future success. Unfortunately they turned to the dark side.

3 Likes

First team to endorse and recognise the difference the Prem was over the football League Chelsea.

1 Like

The mention of Zola reminds me there was a survey or discussion of some sort a few years ago that Zola Bergkamp and Cantona were the greatest imports to the premier league in terms of elevating each club to their current success at the time and also to the premiership as a whole.

3 Likes