Chelsea

Cry more Ratboy.

3 Likes

Could argue Neville works for sky sports out of desperation to stay involved in the game tbf. I don’t think Thierry’s a cunt all of a sudden cos he also worked for them and doesn’t mean they can’t have an opinion.

I get it seems a bit hypocritical given his position but he’s not gonna say his own employer is ruining the game :joy:

lol CBS telling this guy what to write at gunpoint

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with the Red Hot Chili Peppers

9 Likes

Guys took more than one L in that tweet

4 Likes

Big bang theory is always fucking on

1 Like

Nah Big Bang can go away forever, the Chili’s are GOATs

1 Like

Yikes

Hope they’re paying him well to twerk like that

4 Likes

All Star games are a lot of fun, I think some of the pearl clutching about it from the British press is a little much.

There are already charity matches or testimonials that go on. The only difference is that Boehley wants to monetize it while pretending that it would have some sort of trickle down effect to poorer and smaller clubs. That’s what should get mocked. But some sort of stupid skills competition would be fun to watch. Go look up old MLS goalie wars it’s so stupid and so much fun.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t

It’s never been a thing here or in any European country as it’s an embarrassment. Keep that for the MLS

2 Likes

Tbf the biggest issue is probably coming from the fact the guy’s been here 5 minutes.
The fact is though as @SRCJJ said these blokes are owners and will have a say going forward.

People threw that around a bit but idk. Clubs play friendly matches for charity all the time and nobody cares. Does the idea seem dumb? Yeah, especially the north-south split which reveals he doesn’t actually know a ton about the landscape.

But I think the uproar has more to do with the messenger and how disingenuous he seems. The big clubs could help prop up the pyramid or agree to some sort of intense cost control and solidarity payments without any talk of an all star game.

Of course it’s dodgy… just imagine the loan and transfer shenanigans. Then imagine owning 10 teams.

2 Likes

The PL just set the records for transfer spending. Just 1% of the total expenditure would be transformative for many clubs in the pyramid

6 Likes

I agree - any initiative to help fund the lower leagues should be given due consideration in my book.

But coming from a ruthless American billionaire who just bought Chelsea for £4bn - the guy doesn’t give a shit about the lower leagues. He’s got an angle and he’ll have a profit / selfish motive behind it.

It’s just so disingenuous.

5 Likes

Was some small rumblings they could have been in with a shot of getting Neymar in the summer wasn’t there ? Thank fuck that didn’t happen, unreal footballer.

VS

I have no bias :innocent:

North would quite easily win I think.

If they did anything like this though, they should limit the number of players per club.

1 Like

Yeah it’d have to be 3 including the bench, otherwise it’s practically City/Liverpool vs Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs as you can see from the teams I chose lol.

Was debating rice over Jorginho/Kante for the South but that’s about it from other clubs.

I basically went for fame over ability as i assumed that’s what this would end up being, so had guys like Varane, Casemiro, Sterling and Ronaldo and not good lads like Odegaard, Zinchenko and Jesus.

1 Like