Chelsea

Yep Wenger didn’t like him leaving in the first place and threw a strop.

1 Like

Yeah, Milan is one of the few names I actually remember him being linked with around the time, and that would have been a significantly worse career move for Fabregas, both in terms of the club and league he’d be joining. If it’s Juve though, then there’s debate to be had, but there wasn’t ever any indication they were in for him.

In the absence of even any semi-credible links to Juve or Bayern, or maybe PSG I guess, I don’t think its fair to say he had other options than Chelsea that we as fans could have expected him to choose out of some sense of loyalty to us.

Maybe he shouldn’t have sold him at age 24 with three years left on his deal for a fee less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll earlier that year.

Just a thought.

5 Likes

Fabregas transfer fee and the fee we got for Henry were such diabolical sales.

13 Likes

Such strange deals too. Player wants only Barca, Barca wants only that player, club not necessarily forced to sell but willing to do it without tons of resistance.

We could have easily just said the price is 10m higher take it or leave it on both. There was nobody as good as those 2 available for such prices and they’d definitely have done it.

Comparable situations imo to deals like Bale, Pogba and Suarez, which went far more in the selling club’s favour :ozil:

7 Likes

Yeah it was just a case of Wenger having really bizarre principles when it came to transfers.

Fabregas should have been a £40-50m transfer especially given what Barcelona paid for Ibrahimovic.

Henry was a £25m even at the age of 30 lol. He went onto be a key player in a front 3 that won a treble too so it’s not like Barcelona didn’t get there monies worth.

5 Likes

I think van Pussy was the same. Player only wanted Ya-nitid, etc. City were offering 300k a week. He was one of the best 3 players in the world at the point he left us.

22mil we sold him for. Ffs

2 Likes

Wenger was too soft. One call from Red nose Ferguson and he got convinced.

Good. The more cunts on their team the better it feel to smash them.

1 Like

Apparently Wenger was the one who pushed the fee up. God knows what ManUre were offering and Arsenal were willing to accept

Perfect. I think he’s toast as a top player, not that he was ever a top talent to begin with. Just serviceable and durable.

1 Like

Shit news.

I honestly can’t wait until this prick and the murdering drunk Alonso leave Chelsea and stop polluting our league with their cuntery.

The worst kind of twats.

4 Likes

Transfer market if crazy. £62m for Cucurella potentially. I rate him but the guy had one good season and now is the most expensive FB of all time.

Desperation dollars

5 Likes

The giant flag feels necessary.

It’s weird- I was so damn happy to hear of the sanctions on Roman and the potential implosion of the club.

This is just a sickening about-turn where they’re signing players to their heart’s content.

2 Likes

Is that where Tuchel will play him? I think there’s a good chance that he will play as a left-sided centre-back as he’s often done at Brighton.

£62m?! WTF…

I like him but damn they got absolutely rinsed

Brighton played a blinder

1 Like

Dood who took over is a part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers (baseball), and the Dodgers ownership group has overseen the club to one of the most successful runs in franchise history. Think we won our division for like 8 straight years, been to 3 world series won 1, and we always go deep into the playoffs. Plus we have one of the largest wage bills in the sport. Who knows if their methods will translate to football but seems like he’s not gonna just let the club operate status quo.

1 Like