Chelsea

Zero chance. They would have continued to buy prime age players ahead of any academy products. That’s just their model.

1 Like

:bergkamp:

11 Likes

I know it’s probably unlikely but I would be a little sad at the prospect of Aubameyang joining Chelsea.

He would inevitably score against us and it would restart the whole debate about whether it was smart to let him go when we missed Top 4 by just one point.

2 Likes

Can’t believe you signed for Chelsea. Traitor.

Did I? I thought I instructed my representatives to hold out for Barcelona to activate another “lever” in order to secure my services.

1 Like

You took the high wages.

I wouldn’t.

He’s not an arsenal legend or anything plus he mentally checked out last season so fuck him

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold it against him personally. He was a great player for us but we had to part ways.
The situation at Barca is fucked up right now so it’s very likely Barca will be forcing him out.
Not many clubs can take him right now so I can’t blame him if he joins them.

I’ll definitely be bitter if he goes to Chelsea and scores a ton of goals, but generally I don’t really give a shit. I don’t want him at Arsenal, I don’t care about him enough to feel like he owes us anything, so whatever really.

4 Likes

I bloody would hold it against him. The fact he was a good player for us is exactly why he shouldn’t join them

Did you do that for Giroud?
I personally didn’t turn on Giroud till that “thank you Arsenal comment” when he won the EL.

1 Like

Well no because Giroud can do no wrong :sweat_smile:

For what is worth, I fully expect Auba to have his "Thank you Arsenal " moment if he joins Chelsea.

I didn’t like it when Fabregas went there either. Though I was more angry at Arsenal there because we chose not to bring him back.

Nah, Cesc’s stock was still pretty high. He also should have known better considering what he’s been through with the club.

I don’t really buy his excuse. He was talking to both Chelsea and Man Utd and he even admitted considered Man Utd before as well(apparently he had a good relationship with Moyes).
Fabregas could have easily evaded either if he really wanted to. It wasn’t like now where the PL was on top of the world. He admitted he had offers from elsewhere as well.

I think he knew very well what he was doing joining Chelsea and Mourinho. Sure, Mourinho is a persuasive fuck and the pitch he made to Fabregas was good but I think sticking the knife to Arsene and Pep at the time by joining him also played a factor.

I feel the Giroud and Auba(if it happens) cases are different. The former we essentially shipped him ourselves to sign the latter(lol) and the latter is past his best and Chelsea is probably one of the few top clubs interested and probably the only one that can actually afford him.

Well Auba has played under Tuchel at Dortmund. So I kinda see it as him joining the manager rather than the club, though I would still hate him for it. And other than me no one cared about Giroud. People think he is shit, so were probably glad when he joined them.

I mean he practically begged us to resign him. We chose not to. He wanted to live in London.

He didn’t beg us I think. Perhaps my memory is mangled up from all his interviews I’ve watched but my understanding is that he was negotiating for a move back to the PL and he knew Arsenal had an option to take him back and that’s what he wanted as well.
He said they never heard back from Arsenal and I don’t think he chased them for it. Last interview I’ve read or watched he said he didn’t talk to Wenger about it to that day, not sure if that changed recently.

Speaking for Fabregas btw, anyone watched his special yet? Seen some clips, looks interesting.
I do fear I’ll go in and get pissed when he starts gloating about Arsene, Mourinho and Chelsea, oh and he may mention Arsenal by chance…

Fabregas literally asked Arsenal and Wenger said no.

2 Likes

This seems unreasonable. He was departing Barca, so it’s quite reasonable to assume that he wasn’t going anywhere else in Spain. If Bayern and Juve didn’t make bids then his other options were inferior to Chelsea, which means that him easily evading Chelsea or Man U would have meant making a move that was worse for his career, and I’m struggling to see why we could have expected him to do that, especially given that we rejected him when he wanted to come back to us over clubs like Chelsea.

1 Like

Well, he did say he had offers from other clubs as well. Not sure if he ever did mention who those were in the various interviews he gave. I do remember he was always linked with a move to Serie A. Milan was pretty much linked with him every summer, even after he joined Chelsea. I guess you could argue Milan fell of the cliff by then but Fabregas was still hot shit back then.

I just don’t think he was that desperate to join Arsenal when he was making promises to Moyes in 2013, a year before he joined Chelsea.
(Mirror referencing The Athletic)