Cesc Fabregas

I was certain he scored against Villa…shame on him.

That’s ignoring quite a bit and Cesc was my favorite player and definitely the last player I’d let myself become attached to. Him leaving was devastating and the Chelsea nonsense was even worse.

There’s no doubt about it though and I’m an Özil apologist. Cesc is the guy you build a team around

2 Likes

What about the landing right where he wanted to quote? :grin:

You’re in dreamland. Fans were desperate for Fabregas to come back. The only ones who didn’t want him back is because they held a grudge against him for leaving and not because he wasn’t an incredible player.

We just going to ignore Fabregas being a focal part of our CL final run? Or Fabregas winning an FA Cup too in 05?

Fabregas had more memorable moments in an Arsenal shirt than Ozil did.

Fabregas stepped up to the plate as a teenager at Arsenal and stood out in a team full of experienced and top calibre talent.

Ozil Arsenal career is effectively too much up and down for him to ever be mentioned in the same breath as Fabregas.

2 Likes

No they weren’t. You’re actually in dreamland if you’re rewriting history.

Are you just going to ignore the shit away performances? The shameful away days in 05/06? The head dropping, sulking performances.

Ozil had far more by way of memorable performances. People allude to a handful of Cesc performances where he scored at home or at the San Siro.

This is like debating masks with mhappy. Reality doesn’t matter.

Yeah its kinda funny when you don’t have a response to @mhappy

Another poster who puts you in your place.

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

You just have too many bizarre agendas that don’t let you see straight.

Your hatred for Liverpool, Fabregas and the Midlands means it’s nearly impossible to have a balanced discussion on the topics with you.

Your hatred for Cesc literally has you rewriting history to the point that you’re quite literally inventing things at this stage.

Fabregas was a prodigious talent who burst onto the scene as a teenager and shouldered a lot of the teams responsibility in the years that followed the monumentally quick dismantling of the legendary Invincibles team.

He was always the one constant we had that we could rely on and every football player is guilty of poor performances. And the irony in you criticising Cesc for these “head down, away day” performances is that it was exactly what Ozil was accused of - horrendous away day performances where he was ineffective and invisible at times.

Have some balance and let your agendas go every now and then. It’s not everyday you have to stand by your disdain for some things.

I absolutely detest Liverpool. I hate Klopp, I hate Liverpool, I hate their fans. But I can appreciate something / someone when it’s good and have a semblance of balance at least.

4 Likes

Rich coming from you about agendas. Your shocking behaviour in the very serious subject of Black Lives Matter hasn’t been forgotten by a lot on here.

Prove to me that there was a whole wave of Arsenal fans wanting Cuntegras back. Prove to me that he didn’t go missing in the majority of away games. Prove to me that he stood out in a team of Invincibles (the fact is, when you’ve got A-listers doing all your donkey work, there isn’t any need for you to tackle or head the ball. You can continue doing the one trick pony stuff in finding a pass- something Ozil was infinitely better than him at)

I’ve also not said anywhere that Ozil didn’t go missing in games. I’m aware of that.

I stand by what I’ve always said about Cuntegras. As a player, good going to great. Never world class.

As for Liverpool, they’re a bunch of cunts. Club, players, manager, fans. They deserve zero credit after their horrific past.

1 Like

Let’s have some top 5’s.

His assist for Adebayor at old Trafford has to be right up there.

For a 16/17 year old kid to come into that invincible team and make the spot his own :fire::fire:

2 Likes

Fabregas is the best cm we have had not named Vieira.

I don’t really care if people have agendas because he decided to leave and are still bitter about it.

To say he’s not world class is frankly ridiculous

2 Likes

I agree with this, although had we had Santi for longer, he would have been up there as well…

2 Likes

Having a burger for breakfast is ridiculous but saying Cuntegras isn’t world class is something fans outside (some) Arsenal circles would agree with.

1 Like

No they wouldn’t lol

Yes they would lol

When both were in the PL. Fabregas and Ozil roughly had the same season in 14/15 and 15/16.

Only difference was Fabregas had Diego Costa and Ozil had Giroud lol

Would have loved to seen both in the team.

Fabregas playing the DLP role :fire:

I don’t like Fabregas either because of the way he left and how kept simping for Barca however I recognise that he was a wonder kid who could of undisputedly been world class through his career.

Thing with Fabregas is that his career is always seen in two different periods, as an Arsenal Youngster coming up in 05-10 people might consider him on the way to World Class however his Barcelona career is mostly considered a flop and as such he lost a lot of plaudits and I doubt many people would consider him world class after that. Outside of Arsenal fans won’t find many people calling him world class. Same way fans outside of Arsenal don’t really rate Santi.

2 Likes

We did but he got injured early on. He was on great form before the injury. Adebayor, Eduardo and Bendtner probably contributed enough as a whole to make up for it.