Cesc Fabregas

Henry was slagging Barca off in Paris after 06. Pledging being a gunner on his way out the door for Catalonia.

1 Like

He was my favorite player, maybe ever? But he really shit all over his legacy leaving how he did and going to Chelsea.

For me, Iā€™d rather have him go full heel the way Giroud did. I canā€™t stand the public displays of affection towards a club he absolutely quit on towards the end of his last season and fucked over by collapsing his market.

2 Likes

Laughing and joking while his Cantalan mates put a B-arse-lona top on him

Not pledging his future to Arsenal or even telling the club and the fans either way if he was staying or not.

Deciding to sit in the stands with that fucker Pique at the Nou Camp rather than being with his own team mates/dugout despite being injured and being our captain.

Heā€™s a snake, and he wasnā€™t actually that good. He was the fulcrum, the focal point of our midfield and our away form was shit whenever he dropped his head. (Which, in 05/06, was almost all the time)

Ridiculousā€¦He was quality, and he wanted to come back to us, but we decided that Mesut was betterā€¦Feck me, that was a terrible decision wasnā€™t itā€¦So he had no choice but to go to Chelseaā€¦
As I said before, the way he left was not ideal, but do not try to blame him for ending up at Chelseaā€¦We made that decision Iā€™m afraidā€¦

He made the decision to fuck off to Barcelona in the first place.

He canā€™t plead with us to take him back with open arms thereafter.

He would have been surplus to requirements. We had one too many midfielders. Given the way he ousted Conte out of the Chelsea job, he would have been bad for the dressing room, too.

Good riddance. A wolf in cuntā€™s clothing.

Better than Ozil being just a cunt in any clothing, ffsā€¦

Canā€™t disagree with you there, mate

Buuuuuuut, Ozilā€™s better on the pitch :blush:

:+1: I disagree lets end it here

Canā€™t disagree with facts, dude. :sunglasses:

Not that anyone should remember this, but the season Cesc joined Chelsea, Wenger started the season playing a 4-3-3 with Ɩzil on the left.

Alsoā€¦

2 Likes

So the policy was not to take players back, apart from the ones we took back :arteta:

Didnā€™t we take Diarra back for a bit too? Or am I making this up.

Wenger and his fucking pride.

Sign him you fool

Simple hubris. No one got in Wengerā€™s way more than himself. When Fergie retired Wenger could have had one hell of a swan song. Instead we signed Cech, only Cech and floundered.

2 Likes

No, Iā€™m sure we didnā€™t.

He ruffled feathers even though he was only here for about 6 months, the nob

Flamini

1 Like

Fabregas wouldnā€™t have made any difference coming back.
He was slower and we were miles off being realistic challengers. Wenger couldnā€™t have done anything with him.

1 Like

19 assists and 4 goals for Chelsea in 14/15

Realistic challengers and top quality manager relevant to modern day football.

2 Likes

Mourinho was better yeah no denying. Pretty sure he said heā€™s one of his favourite ever managers heā€™s played for

1 Like

Depends how highly you rate Fabregas. He would have been a significant improvement on Wilshere and Ramsey, thatā€™s for sure. Add to the fact joining Arsenal means he doesnā€™t sign for Chelsea.

Adding one or two world class players would have put us in title contention at the time.

How I live* hypotheticals :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

EDIT: *meant love but live also works

2 Likes