Cesc Fabregas

Oh yeah.

If you forgive him, fair enough. For me he left a bitter taste with the way he left. Life goes on itā€™s history.

I didnā€™t like it when he went to Barca, but I understood. Going to Chelsea I can never forgive.

He wanted to come back to London and he wanted to rejoin us.

It was our fault he went elsewhere. Had he chosen Chelsea over us, then I could understand any animosity.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a grown man, he can make his choice. He can also live with the consequences. Which is most Gooners are going think heā€™s a cunt.

Blaming the team he forced a move out of is kind of a dick move. That whole section of the interview got my hackles up. What, because he realized heā€™s a small fish at Barca and didnā€™t get the love and admiration we showered on him from the Catalans, weā€™re just supposed to bend over and take it when he wants to come back? Fuck that and fuck him.

He told close friends ā€œIā€™m going back to Arsenalā€ as he was sure we would resign him.

Fair play for him to going to Chelsea if we dont want him why should that effect his career if he wants to come back to London and the PL?

1 Like

He said on the podcast that after we rejected him his options were Chelsea or Man United. He sees London as his home. Should he have just retired? Or taken a step down to a lesser club in a lesser league in a city he wasnā€™t familiar with just so a few Arsenal fans wouldnā€™t get upset?

6 Likes

Clearly should have gone to West Ham

1 Like

Like I said, he can make any decision he wants. Iā€™m still going to think heā€™s a cunt for going to Chelsea. If he hadnā€™t forced the move to Barca in the first place it wouldnā€™t have been an issue. Blaming Arsenal for this is just not on, IMO.

Edit: Honestly, why do we owe him anything. He had a lucrative contract, love, he was the focal point of our team, he was in his ā€œhomeā€ London. He forced a move when we needed him most. Barca knew they had the upper hand in negotiations and we got fucked. 40 million for him at that point in his career was criminal. Should we have let him go? Absolutely not. But he got exactly what he wanted. So donā€™t start crying that we didnā€™t call you back.

2 Likes

Tbf he wasnā€™t upset about it. He was just talking honestly about what happened. Although he wanted to come back to us, he went on to say that he loved his time at Chelsea and doesnā€™t have any regrets. Heā€™s not Alex Hleb!

He was definitely whining about us not calling him back in that first week.

1 Like

Only because the club knew they didnā€™t want him back on day 1, yet kept him hanging on. He was just like ā€œif they knew the answer was no, why not just tell me?!ā€ Fair enough really.

Players canā€™t force clubs to sign them so he had to pick from the options on the table. Yes it sucks that the options sucked for us, but thatā€™s life. His girlfriend had recently had a baby so I donā€™t begrudge him wanting to live somewhere familiar, where he knew heā€™d be happy to raise a family.

3 Likes

Great post.

There seems to be a ā€œthawingā€, if you will, of emotion against the likes of Cuntegras and RvC.

They were arseholes when they left. They were arseholes the way they left. That still makes them arseholes.

We were such cunts for rejecting him.

What a bunch of fucking morons. Guess if we added his wage bill, Gazidisā€™ bonus wouldnā€™t have been as big :xhaka:

2 Likes

Why? We had Ozil. Ozil was/is better.

Could have had both bro

Mate. With Ozil and Cazorla both here he was really a surplus to requirements.

2 Likes

I have to commend Wenger for resisting the urge to bring Cesc back in 2014, because we all know how much he loved Fabregas the player. It really says something that even Arsene didnā€™t think we could build a successful side with both Cesc and Ozil in it; it wouldā€™ve been so open but youā€™d half expect Wenger to have tried it.

I wasnā€™t too surprised by anything he revealed on the Arsecast and I donā€™t really blame Fabregas in the end for anything, but I also wonā€™t hold him on a pedestal despite how outrageously beautiful of a footballer he was in his prime. He really was majestic.

1 Like

Well I hope Arseblog doesnā€™t do an interview with Robin Van Persie, the amount of lies that cunt will spout will irk me good.

1 Like