Cesc Fabregas

No I’m not Fabregas was a much better player than Ljungberg and Vieira. Here an 18yo Fabregas completely dominates Juventus and Vieira

Lol I sincerely hoped you wouldn’t pull that game out from the doldrums. Only the most blinkered Cesc fanboy would consider a one off game as an argument for Fabregas to be a better midfielder than Vieira.

By that reckoning, should we consider Phil Neville to be a better midfielder than Vieira? He totally outplayed him in our away game at Old Trafford in November 2002. That 90 minutes is better than whatever Vieira could ever possibly do for us.

Anyway, I’m clearly not winning this and I’m going to get some kip. To go full circle, I doubt even 1 per cent of Arsenal fans would even consider Fabregas as our greatest ever player, let alone our greatest ever midfielder

That was a sensational performance though. So what should we compare? Assists? Goals? Because Vieira is getting embarrassed there. I’ve conceeded what Vieira was better at and they brought different abilities to the team.

Like I say I consider Henry to be our best player but the level Fabregas played at while we lost our best players every year is another level to nearly any Arsenal player in history. Nearly every Arsenal fan will consider him one of our best ever players.

Also clubs fans are often bitter when a player leaves early. For instance United fans rate Giggs and Scholes over Beckham and Keane. But when they all played together nearly everyone rated Keane and Beckham higher and more important. Fans are still bitter that Fabregas moved to the best club in the world and his boyhood club from an Arsenal team who insisted on selling it’s best players every year and not replacing them. If Cesc never left he’d definitely be in the argument for best ever player right now.

2 Likes

4 Likes

At this stage of the 09/10 season Fabegas had 11 league goals and 13 assists from 17 games, sometimes I forget just how good he was at us.

2 Likes

I think it’s more complicated than that. If Cesc entered into a handshake agreement with Arsene to get a move to Barcelona, similar to the agreement Ronaldo had with Ferguson I think we’d all be happier. Man U got a reasonable amount of money for Ronaldo even though Madrid were the only team in the race for Ronaldo.

Cesc more or less went on strike to force the move through. We wound up selling him for peanuts. That’s why I’m still hurt by it. If he wants to say he loves Arsenal or still has love for the club, that’s cool. But when it came down to making a decision that could have been mutually beneficial for Cesc, Barcelona and Arsenal, he decided to act like a baby. And he’s hardly the first player to get his head turned by another team (for glory or money), look at Thiago Silva’s move to PSG. The rumor was he didn’t want to leave and forced PSG to pay even more money in order to make sure that AC Milan got a decent fee for him.

1 Like

You forget that Barcelona is actually a humongous cunt club in comparison with Real Madrid and PSG. Now this club is actually led by a cunt from there.

4 Likes

09/10 Fabregas was a force of nature. Best 10 in the world at that time imo.

Oh how I missed him.

2 Likes

That’s precisely my take on things as well (as another supporter who’d just missed Bergkamp and Pires).
Although perhaps, RvP would have gotten my second place had he not been injured so often, and had he stayed for 1-2 more seasons.

Man was a #6, an #8, a #10, hell he was even a #9. Unreal leadership, especially at his age.

1 Like

I’m not crying you’re crying :sob:

5 Likes

Allow Fabregas.

He’s a c’nt

4 Likes

Nope. I do not forgive him. He broke my heart and he can get fucked. Going to play with your old friends at Barcelona is one thing, quitting on us in order to force a move is something else entirely. And then there’s his stint at Chelsea…:gabriel:

5 Likes

I don’t hold his stint at Chelsea against him, he’d have come here if we wanted him, however for one reason or another we passed on taking him back.

That whole pre transfer Barcelona debacle however, just like RvP, he can go get fucked. Disgusting the way he went about it.

1 Like

Him leaving and Atletico last season main times I’ve cried over football, lol I’m soft :broken_heart: Anyway the guy is beyond irrelevant now in the French league, we should forgive and forget

3 Likes
3 Likes

Man like Cesc :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Still don’t forgive him. :santi:

3 Likes

The Chelsea thing, it is what it is. He was nowhere near the same player he was at Arsenal and I doubt Chelsea fan’s will be putting him in their greatest list of Chelsea players. But he can say he won the PL x 2.

Barca thing left a bad taste, and still does. A bit of karma that Barca fan’s turned on him and Barca kicked him out the door a few years later. Never could crack the Barca team, and life wasn’t rosey for him there. But again he can say he won La Liga there. But I bet that stings more then Arsenal fan’s disliking him that his dream move to Barca and the fan’s there just didn’t care for him at the end.

He will always split the fanbase down the middle, some have forgiven him and some haven’t. For me, I don’t care for him much for the Barca thing but he was at his best for us and never looked the same when he left.

Still love this guy :heart:

I love that his time at Chelsea has also amplified his savagery.

10 Likes