Burnley Vs Arsenal (PL)

Team news?

Partey starts

2 Likes

Very attacking. No Lokonga.

4 Likes

Niles Midfield experiment all already over lol. Is this formation a 4-3-3? Or 4-1-4-1?

He played last week because Partey wasnā€™t fit to start. Not really an experiment.

1 Like

Burnley are going to ā€œget stuck inā€ and ā€œin our facesā€ today. Translation: kick seven shades of shit out of our players and use the home crowd influence to stop the ref from sending any of their players off.

This is going to be a battle and to be quite frank, I donā€™t see us standing up to the challenge.

Wow. Very surprised with that. I wanted to write a while ago, thatā€™s how Guardiola whould line up this squad if he was the manager, but never thought Arteta would play like that.

Should be very interesting to see basically all of our best attackers together on the pitch from the first minute.

2 Likes

Probably our best XI when playing against weaker opposition. Happy with that.

6 Likes

Interestingā€¦

Will Ode and ESR do enough in the defensive third or defensive transitions?

Partey - Ode
Pepe - ESR - Saka
Auba

So youā€™re saying itā€™s Partey time?

3 Likes

I love this midfield but Iā€™m a little worried we run Partey into the ground, heā€™s essentially a lone anchor out there and thatā€™s a lot of leg work to get through.

Hopefully we have more of the ball though and it takes the strain off him. Canā€™t fault the attacking ambition from the formation though, time to take the hand brake off.

1 Like

Maybe weā€™ll see Ƙdegaard as a mini anchor alongside him?

Nice line up, very positive.

In fairness to Odegaard at 8 he does put a shift in, heā€™s like Santi where obviously heā€™s a creative type but isnā€™t scared of the leg work. Could be interesting set up this.

Or complete shite, you just never know with this Arsenal. Hopium flowing through my veins right now though

5 Likes

Perfect line up.

Burnley are tragic ,should be easy

1 Like

I am doing a big line of hopium rn. Got the game set to record on DVR while we take Maddie to Gymboree. :crossed_fingers:Hopefully they donā€™t let us down today.

1 Like

Attacking lineup, assuming Odegaard and ESR will have to drop deeper at times.

1 Like

If our attack canā€™t look respectable with this line up this coach is truly a lost cause.

1 Like