Burnley Vs Arsenal (PL)

Always a tough match but three points are essential given our start.

Playing against Wood and Barnes will be a good test for White in the center of defense. Even if his best skills are in other areas, he needs to at least hold his own pushing and banging against these big meatheads.

The giants of Burnley have scored twice as many goals as we have this season so it won’t be easy in this top of the table thriller.

But we’re in superb form and haven’t lost a match since Man City beat us with a few flukey goals.
So, after our sensational win against Norfolk’s elite, I think we will extend our unbeaten run and scrape a draw.
I’ll go 1-1, with a penalty from Aubameyang.

3 Likes

Dave is a strapping you man that may be somewhat of a bold call :thinking:.

Appreciate the offer regarding home and away contacts if it is indeed sincere :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Given how we struggled to score at home against Norwich, I cannot see us winning this. A draw is the best we can hope for IMO. Would like another clean sheet, so maybe a 0 - 0.

1 Like

We had enough decent play in the opposition half to suggest we can beat Burnley who are shit. Hopefully this is the start of getting into some kind of groove.

I’ll say 1-2.

Burnley are horrendous lol

Everton playing like peak Barca here and destroying them. Could easily be 4/5-1 :joy::joy:

1 Like

We should win comfortably - like a another result that accelerates the 1-game trajectory we got from the Norwich match. An earlier goal and grinding the home side down 0-2.

One thing’s for sure, mate.

If we drop points against these, the angry disappointment will be palpable.

3 Likes

Rob Holding
Right knee. Rob sustained heavy bruising to his right knee during training ahead of the Norwich City match last weekend. Rob has progressed his rehabilitation back into training but will not be available for Saturday’s match.

Fit for the Burnley match. Elneny still out and Xhaka suspended.

1 Like

Don’t worry about returning, Rob. We can take it from here.

4 Likes

How will we cope.
I suppose we’ll have to slum it with Partey and Lokonga.

8 Likes

Need someone to make a strong claim for keeping Xhaka out.
We never got anything near strong enough to change Arteta mind against Norwich.
Partey will walk back in but the others need to up the game this week.

3 Likes

Sambi really needs to step up when he sits in beside Partey. As you say he hasn’t done enough yet to show he’s worthy of starting over Xhaka but with Partey beside him it’s an opportunity for that midfield to look really good and balanced.

I think Partey-Sambi could be a mini version of the Partey-Biasouma pivot I was hoping for. People might think it’s lacking in creativity but with Odegaard in front I believe it could be balanced. Not world class but better than anything we’ve seen in the last 6 years.

3 Likes

He passes forward which is already an improvement on Xhaka

I’m going to this one :sunglasses:

11 Likes

You’ll see our first away draw of the season. :grinning:

1 Like

Finally it’s matchday… Expecting a comfortable 6-0 win, COYG!!

None of this the today please

3 Likes

Think we should win again, going for a solid 2-0 maybe even 3-0 win. COYG

1 Like