Bruno Guimarães

Move this thread back to the ‘mill. :wink:

2 Likes

Does what Xhaka does well passing the ball but also tackles, pressures, carries, and dribbles.

Percentage ranks versus other midfielders are off the chain.

1 Like

I don’t particularly like graphs and charts but something like that really highlights how absurdly detrimental it is having someone like Xhaka be the lynchpin in controlling your transition from defence to attack. Even more insane is a lot of Arsenal fans consider him a God of metrics.

Can’t wait to never see this cunt lazily pass a lobbed ball to whichever full back is free again.

6 Likes

Would be nice if Kia gave us one of his good clients for a change, instead of just being a landing place for his shitters.

8 Likes

He’d be a massive improvement on Xhaka

If we can pair Partey (28) with Guimaraes (23) and then have Lokonga (21), Azeez (18), and Hale End wonderkid Charlie Patino (17) coming into the picture over the next few seasons, we could go from CM being a black hole of suck a year ago to a group that is largely sorted for the next 5-10 years.

5 Likes

Surely this has to happen at some point…

3 Likes

Shame the brains trust will sell half of them for £5m and send the other half on loan to midtable french teams.

:santi:

I see what profile they’re trying to go for and it seems logical in terms of replacing Xhaka

If it’s a toss up between Neves or Guimaraes, I give the nod to Neves

This is a bizarre agenda you have now lol. Guendouzi went for as much as clubs were willing to pay for him and there was virtually no interest from any club with good money in him.

We won’t sell Willock unless we get 30m for him, we aren’t selling Xhaka until Roma meet the 20m asking price. We’re refusing to let Bellerin leave on loan unless there’s an obligation to buy.

We’re trying to extend Nelson’s loan before we consider a loan. We sold Martinez for what was one of the top 10 goalkeeper fees ever at the time when he was coming off the back off a few months of good form. Even though I wanted to keep him, it wasn’t a bad deal at the time.

The Saliba situation is simple - there have been personal and fitness issues and he wasn’t signed by the current manager / director and maybe they’re not so high on him. That isn’t the fault of them.

Not every point needs to be turned into an attempt to bash the club.

7 Likes

I read recently that Man U are favourites to get Neves so that might be why we’ve turned our attention away from him and more towards Guimaeres.

1 Like

Yeah, that was Talksport. Fabrizio said he is in both of our lists but he’s not the main option for either of us. He also noted he is not in advanced talks with anyone yet.
He said he is expecting more news on him in the upcoming days. For what is worth, Fabrizio said the club won’t wait too long for Locatelli so we’ll soon know who is the alternative the club will go for.

1 Like

Don’t be a top goon bro.

You’re better than that.

2 Likes

Danger zone

2 Likes

That Xhaka news took my breath away

2 Likes

I’d start running now mate

1 Like

I feel bad for the poor guy, writing 4 paragraphs defending this rancid institution not hours before news broke of them offering Granit Xhaka a new 4 year deal.

Arsenal don’t deserve posts like @SRCJJ 's defending them

2 Likes

Honestly mate I feel like most people don’t call you out on your mini A4tt rants because you’re a great poster but you’ve become so one dimensional with this stuff for the last year.

5 Likes

I see that, I’ve tried to switch it up a little because as I said before, if you don’t laugh about it, you will cry.

I do agree my original post that srcjj replied to was a classic boring elec rant. I was feeling especially annoyed at arsenal’s treatment of the youth that day

If you are being serious though, you can’t expect people not to be horrified at arsenal offering Bellerin and Xhaka new deals the sales ummer they are looking to sell them.

Hell, it was the one thing you wanted them to do.

1 Like