Bruno Guimarães

I think you’re a top poster. Always been one of my favourites with some really good tidbits of knowledge, appreciation for the history of the game and probably the same level of disdain for the modern game as me. But you’ve definitely gone full Luca with a hint of BW in the last year haha.

There’s nothing wrong with an opposing view as nobody really wants a forum where we can’t debate but I think a place where the agenda seeps into every post to the point where it sometimes gets a bit ridiculous is where I end up responding.

1 Like

Absolutely and I stand by that belief, if they feature this year I’ll firmly be Arteta out. I am however willing to accept the good in the bad and the bad in the good, I think there are some causes to be optimistic this year even if today was a difficult day.

There is still hope that these outgoings will get done. Should that happen and we make another decent signing or two then I’ll be going into the year with optimism as a fan.

This one track note of Arteta being unwilling or incapable of doing anything good for the club is played out. You can see we are trying whether or not it will be enough only time will tell. For all the shit hearsay today one factual thing actually happened and that was signing a young and promising CB for real money. Who’s to say what else might happen before the window closes.

This club is irrelevant now. Arsenal play stupid games so they get stupid prizes…no issue in pointing that out Elec and I’m glad u don’t fall in line like the rest of these sheep who actually think this club will amount to something despite years of evidence now to the contrary lmaoooooo. Don’t listen to these arrogant posters who think they actually know something about football and think they have a modicum of intelligence to share with the world :joy::joy::joy:

awwwwww thanks guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Rumours starting up again

3 Likes

This guy always been a beast in FM never seen him play though in real life outside of clips.

In FM he’s a DLP so assuming he would replace Xhaka.

In fairness his YouTube videos are always unreal lol. I’m always hesitant about buying from the French league but I’d pretty excited about this based on hype alone

2 Likes

Honestly I got a good feeling and was in favour of getting him like 2 years ago before he moved the first time. I think he going to be a beast.

FM is the truth

3 Likes

Yeh only 24 too so a fantastic age profile. He looks like such a complete CM at times in his videos, the only fear is can he come to the EPL and show. France to England seems a hard transition these days, though we have Gabriel who settled and would probably appreciate another Brazilian in front of him.

Also kind of dig how we’re headlining a British rebuild while Edu is secretly trying to sneak in as much samba flair as possible in on the DL. Love having Brazilians at the club, good ones I mean. Hell I even loved Andre Santos tbh

4 Likes

He’ll be a massive upgrade on Xhaka, that I can almost certainly guarantee.

2 Likes

Don’t know much about him but any addition like this + Brozovic sounds good to me.

Glad to hear rumours flowing, an upgrade on Xhaka is another piece of the puzzle that’s required for this club. Now I’m not going to try and say I’ve seen enough of him to give an informed opinion but I wanna hear news of us chasing a CM.

Would be a top signing.

Signing Lacazette from Lyon was an absolute ballache tho. Is that mouthy chairman still there?

We’re due an excellent signing from France.

He’d potentially fit the bill.

Upgrade on Xhaka and Lacazette, and maybe I start caring about this bunch again.

5 Likes

Btw, that report isn’t from Kayak or Wheatley who usually cover the somewhat reliable news about Arsenal.

Still not fully convinced on Bruno btw. Don’t think he is worth the rumoured 35-40m being touted. Think Sambi is better.
Perhaps a better investment than Renato but that’s because the latter is made of glass.

Why don’t you rate him like that?

Never super impressed with him when I’ve watched Lyon. His deliveries are a bit iffy, he tends to hit the ball very unconventionally. He isn’t very mobile either He hasn’t been a consistent starter for Lyon until this season.
For me if you poach someone in that position from Lyon it’s Caqueret.

Lyon aren’t doing particularly well this season so it would be interesting to see how willing they are to do business next summer.

1 Like

I was a big fan of Caqueret from the small sample size of games I saw him play in maybe a year ago. Found him very tidy on the ball.

1 Like