Brexit

It’s not a flaw, it’s honourable in intent. I think its probably a bit disingenuous to say “maybe that’s my flaw”, you know you don’t think that’s a flaw at all, but a virtue lol

But it does make me wonder what you are doing to heal this divide, does that take the form of concrete, proactive action on your part, or does it just mean not saying “David can go fuck himself” on a football forum?

To be fair, me saying “fuck David, the idiot” might not help heal the divide, if people who voted for Brexit read my post and feel some type of way about it. I guess I just don’t attach enough significance or importance to my own words to feel like I’m substantially impeding the healing of the nation by venting on here.

This definitely reflects badly on me, but if the cost of healing the divide is me disingenuously having to pretend to feel pity for people who made life worse for all of us then I’m not sure I’m interested. They won the referendum and I have to live with that, so they should take the occasional reminder about how badly they fucked up with good grace, imo.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t, at least not all the time. I have an almost neurotic need to see the good in people, which is all fine and well when it comes to people like David, but when it’s people who commit monstrous acts, then I can definitely see that being a flaw.

How do I plan on doing my part to heal this divide? I guess by doing my best to not participate in Schadenfreude. This issue has already torn my family apart, and now I’m only interested in how we can heal these wounds, not exacerbate them.

1 Like

“This isn’t what Brexit is meant to be,” he tells Euronews Travel, “I voted leave to make things simpler, to stop having to follow rules made up by someone I didn’t vote for. This is worse than it was before.”

Not only was he stupid enough to believe all the lies he was told about Brexit, like “getting our country back” and being better off, he is acting like a victim.

But worse than that, he’s advertising his stupidity and lack of self awareness for all to see.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I appreciate your elaboration, thanks for engaging with me.

See, my family hasn’t been divided in this way at all, we were all on the same side. The closest we came to division was my mum and sister very gently trying to berate me into signing a petition for a second referendum and me refusing to lol.

Had my experience been more like yours, I’d quite possibly think the same way you do about it.

Funny how this a brexit thing when most networks already said they won’t be introducing roaming charges due to brexit.

You guys are going after low hanging fruit🤷🏾‍♂️

From the article posted:

All major operators said after the Brexit referendum they had no plans to reintroduce the charges.

EE, however, said in June it would reintroduce the charges for new and upgrading customers from January. Vodafone is now the second big mobile phone company to go back on its initial promise.

3 Likes

So two companies are reneging on a commitment and look to make money from it. Do you support that?

He’s basically just given you evidence it’s a brexit thing by two companies.
You said it wasn’t. Just accept it mate. Nothing more to see.

2 Likes

If read what was said, the companies give no reason for it. So you are wrong.

By going back on what was initially promised, they make money from people traveling out with their phones.

Lol well they wouldn’t be allowed to do it if Brexit hadn’t happened so…ya know…

3 Likes

Roaming charges before Brexit:
ILLEGAL

Roaming charges after Brexit:
LEGAL

How can this be because of anything other than Brexit, I don’t even get the debate.

10 Likes

Have you met mhappy before?

2 Likes

Roaming charges weren’t illegal, it was considered that the European Union shouldn’t be treated as separate countries but a block, thus roaming charges within the union was not applied.

It’s okay. Just take the L.

People voted for Brexit thinking their wildest dreams would come true and now they look like idiots.

4 Likes

There is no L to take, it’s funny for people that bash cooperations for exploiting people you guys a quite happy to except this blatant cash grab, as long as you can blame brexit :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Jesus fucking Christ :facepalm:

1 Like

@mhappy and @ryaninho are my favorite posters. Spice this place up with counterpoints and defend their thought to the hilt :clap:

1 Like

Yes, nothing like the spice of a brain thoroughly marinated in Fox News, Newmax and Donald Trump’s farts.

4 Likes

They literally made a law abolishing roaming laws for countries within the EU. And since we’re not in the EU any more…

4 Likes

How often do you watch fox news or Newsmax*?

Isn’t it useful to have people condense opposing view points on hot button issues in open debate?

1 Like