Brexit

I would kill to have an EU passport. :unamused:

I’d say I could go apply for Lithuanian or Italian citizenship but I assume they require stuff like documents or proof that I had family from there, and you tend not to prioritize keeping stuff like paper records when you’re fleeing to another country.

My family are Irish, so I can easily get an Irish passport. When it comes to applying, I just need to show my mum’s or grandparents ID/proof of birth place.

If you don’t have it to hand, I’m sure there must be ways to track down such information?

Honestly I don’t even know if I have those relatives’ real names or DOBs or if they were even from those countries, just that it was their last stop prior to somehow ending up in Baltimore of all places. Not Melbourne, no Buenos Ares, not London, but Baltimore.

My dad may have some of that stuff but it also might be too old to qualify. The best bet is hoping Maddie or Baby II marry some EU national and I finagle it that way.

1 Like

Why is an EU passport so desirable?

1 Like

Less inconvenience I assume, especially if you traffic between and within the EU frequently

2 Likes

Basically what @sevchenko said. Plus it would be nice to look for work in a place where things like school shootings or my partner/kids having access to women’s healthcare aren’t something I’d have to worry about.

7 Likes

It’s fucked up you have to worry about such things :santi:

1 Like

Did you see Biden’s tweet on healthcare being a human right? And then linking you to a site where you have to buy it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Some of this stuff is just so on the nose I question if it’s real:

David Anderson, another Vodafone customer, is equally unhappy with the changes. He feels it’s part of a wider pattern of additional charges and bureaucracy making it harder for Brits to travel abroad.

“This isn’t what Brexit is meant to be,” he tells Euronews Travel, “I voted leave to make things simpler, to stop having to follow rules made up by someone I didn’t vote for. This is worse than it was before.”

But all jokes aside, did that fuel shortage ever get fixed? I am counting on that global supply chain to get unclogged for the holidays. Those toddler sized Arsenal shirts aren’t going to buy themselves.

1 Like

David’s a stupid prick lol

2 Likes

Even better lol

3 Likes

Got at least some sympathy for the guy. He was lied to, and mislead for nearly two years. Although it should have been obvious to everyone that the removal of Freedom of Movement went both ways.

1 Like

It never existed. Engineered by the suppliers to drive up fuel sales.

Now the fuel price has shot up because of the socially engineered demand :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s gone up hugely here too with no such demand.

Plenty of people were out there warning of these kinds of consequences, let’s not act like the information wasn’t readily available to people like David. They didn’t wanna fucking hear it, everything that didn’t fit their desire to leave and stick it to the establishment was labelled “Project Fear”

Fuck him, hope he enjoys the consequences.

4 Likes

Lots of people get conned, when there is information out there to help them. I have only compassion for those that get misled and lied to, and save my ire for the liars and conmen.

2 Likes

If you don’t do your research and vote on the basis of these bloody foreigners coming over and stealing our jobs.

Then you deserve everything you get

1 Like

If we’re talking about pensioners getting fraudulently conned out of their savings or similar then yeah I’ve only got compassion for the person being conned, like you say.

I feel like this is something else entirely, I’m not giving over half the population a pass on voting for something that was patently pretty fucking stupid from the outset. Sure, some have been conned, but a large proportion had already made their minds up and weren’t going to be swayed by any of the information and warnings that were made. Maybe I should pity them, but their obstinate determination to stick it to the establishment and leave the EU, at any cost, regardless of the warned consequences, means the feeling I have towards them is far closer to disdain than it is compassion.

Maybe that speaks to a flaw in my character, but I actually hope that every David in the country gets absolutely rinsed on data charges, fuckem.

5 Likes

I’m only interested in healing this divide. And maybe that’s my flaw.