Brexit

In fairness that article does outline how it’s not really a Brexit problem, more a series of events and affecting UK because of significant plant closures there.

1 Like

Yeah it seems more that UK rely more on gas for our energy needs.

Tbf Cameron did try building nuclear power stations but nimbyists didn’t like it and the media and fossil fuel interests fearmonger about nuclear power so much.

Germany do fine with their nuclear stations and we should also.

We have to build more nuclear power stations.

Can the name of this thread be changed to just ‘Brexit’?

Boris is such a c@nt !?

I refuse to believe you’ve caught Boris in the act of telling a lie :grin:

Yes. Yes it can.

2 Likes

Should add a few glorious :uk::uk::uk::uk: aswell :+1:

1 Like

Nah

3 Likes

Good choice :face_vomiting:

Rule Britannia 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Apparently……
A ballerina and a classical musician are allowed to work in England but someone who can drive a lorry can’t .

The wrong people negotiated Brexit but one thing for sure , we are still the greatest country on Earth

I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious :joy:

Well yeah.

Unfortunately all those people that make this country run have been told to fuck off.

Or have had their job made needlessly harder with mountains more red tape.

All for the sake of taking back control.

Fantastic.

4 Likes

The British media deliberately hiding the real reason behind this chaos.

So duplicitous and unwavering in their support for the state.

No matter how many diversity or HR officers they hire (like I give a fuck about that).

3 Likes

‘Everything is fine’

4 Likes

#reapwhatyousow

3 Likes

Hopefully they don’t change the law, and instead allow what naturally will happen, lorry drivers get better pay, more people become lorry drivers. All these qualifications that cost alot of money, all the anti social hours, long hours, their pay sucks.

I know alot of labourers the last year or so, well since covid
who spent 3k for the initial lorry drivers test, if they get to the point of getting a job I hope they earn what they deserve

Short term shitness for long term gain for many people, big companies using cheap labour or underpaying has to end, no matter how much flexing and stirring they wanna cause.

8 Likes

Rule Britannia! Taking back control one day at a time! :slight_smile:

I personally feel a lot better that those dirty scrounging foreigners aren’t coming here for work any more.

2 Likes

Brexit has been a pretty excellent ongoing case study for a lot of people and students into blending moral values, basic economics and free markets.

Quite Interesting to follow

2 Likes

Tories desperately seeking as early a General Election as possible. Internal polling showing worrying signs ahead of some expected bumps in the road over the coming 12 months. Many in the party losing faith in Boris but also feel he’s still the only one in the party with enough widespread voter appeal to secure them another 5 years of Brexit pain denial.

Empty shelves are political dynamite when you say it’s due to a health crisis that, in another breath you say is under control. So if it’s not Covid…hmmmm

1 Like