Brexit

I got tired of those streams. Always have issues finding one that doesn’t get shut down or has buffering issues. I’d rather used my reliable paid for service. Tried watching on my phone with NordVPN and it didn’t work. Have my Roku with me, which meant watching on a nice big screen, but that’s out of the question now too.

It’s bloody frustrating.

On another note, gotta love the Brits that flew to Amsterdam expecting to be let in when coming from a third country during Covid. EU says only essential travel from non-EU countires. Some were going to ‘enjoy’ Amsterdam and one was looking to switch plane to fly into Spain and then head from there to ski. Crazy.

1 Like

Don’t Now TV, Sky, BT have online platforms you can use through a browser or even an app for your laptop?

I had Sky GO on my laptop and that worked with a vpn.

Just turn on the vpn on your laptop, access the platform and hook your laptop up to the tv and bob’s your uncle.

I only have my work laptop. Will have to try the VPN I have on it. I discovered the issue on my phone because Arsenal keep having the late fixture. I hate these 8pm start times. I’m lying down with my son who’s been fighting sleep, so only have my phone on me. The planets are not aligning in my favour right now. :woman_shrugging: And I’m seriously ticked off with Brexit and Boris and his handling of it and the pandemic.

1 Like

This is exactly why I don’t trust the UK outside Europe. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Let’s make the citizens and residents of the UK worse off. Establishing supremecy is all that matter. FFS.

1 Like

Brexit means Brexit.

1 Like

:joy:

8 Likes

Are there any Pros to Brexit?

Apart from happier fish of course

4 Likes

The first pro so far is vaccinations surely? Unless I’m mistake wouldn’t we be part of the utter shit show thats happening in Europe right now?

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m assuming leavers didn’t foresee the pandemic. So what are the pros they voted for? I’ve just Googled pros and cons and still can’t really find any actual pros that make me think “ooh that’ll be good”

5 Likes

I have yet to see any. And you know both sides are going to try and make the other look like it’s failed so they can sit on their high horse.

Now this. And from what I understand, the European banks are in the wrong as UK banks are still part of SEPA. I could be misinterpreting as I’m not an expert.

My post wasn’t a pro brexit post just an observation which is a positive.

Everyone at risk around me has been vaccinated and they wouldn’t have been if we was in Europe and couldve potentially got ill so I’m thankful for that

I’m outside in the rain doing a roof sorry about my spelling.

1 Like

Didn’t some Leavers want the old passports back? Were they red or like a dark red? I guess that was a success.

1 Like

I love the idea of this and have followed the campaign for quite some time so get the updates regularly.

The new ones will be blue. But yeah, I guess being able to go through the “I’m a twat and want to queue for longer” door rather than the EU one is a sign of success.

2 Likes

We have that phenomenon in the States. People who won’t wear masks and are happy to die of COVID to own the libs. It’s a little odd.

Don’t think so bro.

Even the “taking back Control” thing that lots of people wanted isn’t actually true, turns out that when you make a trade agreement you only control your part of the border which is 50% of the border and the other 50% is controlled by the people your making the agreement with, and well if you want a favourable trade deal then movement of labour and services and goods is kind of a given, so I’m guessing at some point a compromise will have to be made, and since we are the ones desperate for trade deals, that will be us given up control of our borders :joy::rofl: it’s likely we will end up trying to make the same deals we had before with way less favourable terms and with out any of the benefits and advantages of being in the EU.

But the fish are happy, British fish. Full of pashun. Not like those effeminate European fish.

2 Likes

Hardly anyone I know even likes fish. They won’t go near it unless it’s a slab of cod that’s battered to fuck and smothered in salt and vinegar.

4 Likes

I think you are obessed with this phrase :arteta:

2 Likes

Absolutely. Not even gonna argue with you.

1 Like